Best Wheelset for XC ?

Meek One

May 5, 2004
Whats the best wheelset for XC racing? I am little over 200, but don't abuse wheels at all. Anything Aero out there? Thanks.

Meek One said:
Whats the best wheelset for XC racing? I am little over 200, but don't abuse wheels at all. Anything Aero out there? Thanks.

I'm not sure they are the "best" since subjectivity is huge in regards to "best", but Sun/Ringle' have some great wheels (complete sets, just hoops, etc). I'm a clyde that abuses wheels and have been riding Sun rims for years with nothing but good luck. I prefer Chris King hubs, but the Sun/Ringle' hubs are good as well. Check out their website (http://www.sun-ringle.com/ ) and see what they have that might work well for you.

Are there lighter wheelsets? Yes, sort of. Are there better? I don't believe so.

K.

Meek One said:

id get some mavic crossmax wheels or mabie the bontrager ones (forgot the name but theyre a little lighter, id prefer the crossmax though)

edit- i just took a look at sun ringle's website and their wheelsets arent all that light, theyre good, but not that good for weight.

im either going to get some crossmax wheels or bontrager race x lites (both disc wheelsets so theyre a bit hesavier than the rim versions) the crossmax weigh 770g - fr and 960g - rear bontrager ones are 700g - fr and 840g rear