Best winter boots

John Duxbury

Guest
My feet get wayyyy too cold with my current boots, does anyone have any
recommendations for some really warm cycling boots?

TIA John.

P.S. Thanks to all those who recommended Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres a
couple of weeks ago. I ordered a pair of the ATB version and look forward to
having fewer punctures............... if only Bonthrone bikes would deliver
them!

Peter B wrote:
> "John Duxbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > My feet get wayyyy too cold with my current boots, does anyone have any
> > recommendations for some really warm cycling boots?

> I'm mostly wearing Sealskinz merino socks with (now superceded) Shimano W100
> boots, good for sub-zero in snow. In fact bootiful!

Despite spending 90mins at -8c this morning, I'm still wearing short
summer socks under the W100's, not trace of cold feet (I prefer the
short socks cuz they don't let rain wick past the neoprene cuffs on the
boots). Could it be that your feet get colder in a recumbant position??

In article <[email protected]>,
sothach ([email protected]) wrote:

> Peter B wrote:
> > "John Duxbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > My feet get wayyyy too cold with my current boots, does anyone have any
> > > recommendations for some really warm cycling boots?

> > I'm mostly wearing Sealskinz merino socks with (now superceded) Shimano W100
> > boots, good for sub-zero in snow. In fact bootiful!

> Despite spending 90mins at -8c this morning, I'm still wearing short
> summer socks under the W100's, not trace of cold feet (I prefer the
> short socks cuz they don't let rain wick past the neoprene cuffs on the
> boots). Could it be that your feet get colder in a recumbant position??

Mine certainly do. I think heat is lost through the soles when lying
down on the job, hence overshoes are only slightly useful. Experience
suggests that I have a choice for winter audaxing:

o overshoes, cold feet and nasty itchy rash all over my ankles, or
o no overshoes, VERY cold feet and no rash

Bah!

May you have an accident shaped like an umbrella.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> sothach ([email protected]) wrote:
> > Could it be that your feet get colder in a recumbant position??

> Mine certainly do. I think heat is lost through the soles when lying
> down on the job, hence overshoes are only slightly useful.

Could it be that it's harder to pump the blood up to them?