Best wireless bike computer?

shutterbugg

Apr 29, 2010
What is the best wireless bike computer in the $60 and below range? So much stuff out there. I dont wanna blow my money on a piece of junk. thanks

I've used Cateye's for many years and have never had any issues.

I bought a Nashbar Tempo wireless about a year ago, which looks like a Cateye clone for about half the price, and it's worked great so far.

Why wireless? Wireless are less reliable then wired and slightly heavier and eat batteries fairly fast especially the sender unit bats. I've had two wireless units and none have lasted more then 3 years, whereas all my wired jobs have lasted around a dozen years and more. Wonder why I went back to wired computers? And if the wire is messy to you, you don't have to zip tie them, you can simply wrap the wire around the fork then around the brake cable to the handlebar then lay in the grove with the brake cable. Of course you will have to unwrap and re-wrap your bar. Just make sure before you wrap your bar that you can turn your handlebar to the extreme left and right without pulling the wire. If your worried about breaking the wire while riding Cateye makes the Enduro 8, which has a heavy duty wire which would only set you back about $35.

I also agree to go with a cateye, I love mine, and I bought it because a couple of the guys I work with have over 10k miles on theirs and have never had an issue, except for battery changes. I didn't think I could beat it for the price, and plus they are not big and bulky which I like.

I have a Cateye Micro wireless which is around that range. Beware though, if you're stopped at certain traffic lights, power lines, or car radios, interference will screw around with the computer and record some ridiculous speed, like 90mph. This can be stopped by using the manual function, but it does take away from the convenience of wireless.

Another vote for Cateye from me. I have 3 now. One is an old vectra model from about 1988/89. I still use it!!!! And have never had any probs. Battery seems to last long on those old ones. Bought a new Strada last year that;s waiting to be mounted on new build coming up.

I've never had to change the batteries in any of my wireless computers and my oldest is a Cateye I've had for 6 years.

I've never had any interference issues either, but I have heard others mention it.

64Paramount said:
I've never had to change the batteries in any of my wireless computers and my oldest is a Cateye I've had for 6 years.

I've never had any interference issues either, but I have heard others mention it.

Frequency of battery changes goes hand in hand with how many miles you ride. Averaging 8,000 miles a year the sending unit battery will last about 12 months give or take a month, the computer battery will last about 5 years; the stock batteries lasted only about 4 months in the sender, they must have been old?

I never had any interference issues either.

[lang=fr]Bonjour,

je cherche le mode d'emploi d'ordinateur de vélo Atech F13.

Quelqu'un l'a t'il même en anglais ou allemand?

Merci d'avance[/lang]

i like my new cateye adventure .... easy to use and a lot of info comming from this little unit ...:D

I have a Trek 11i bike computer - computer works but I'm not getting a current speed or cadence. Could the battery be low? The battery is a couple yrs. old. All the sensors seem to be in the right place. Ideas?

Did you try to replace the bats in both the sensor and the computer? That seems like the simplest and logical thing to do.