Best wireless computer for use with riser bars?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bob O, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Bob O

    Bob O Guest

    I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
    computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem. I
    have about
    1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Bob O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
    > computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem.
    > I have about
    > 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

    How about trying to find a stem with a narrower clamp? Or maybe some different bars which have a
    wider non-risen section. Half an inch really aint a lot.

    Ray "Just a thought" Quenched

  3. Andy Chequer <[email protected](removethisbittosend)secretworldgovernment.org> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bob O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
    > > computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the
    > > stem. I have about
    > > 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!
    >
    > How about trying to find a stem with a narrower clamp? Or maybe some different bars which have a
    > wider non-risen section. Half an inch really aint a lot.

    You can get a stem mount (or use it on your top tube if using a map board like I did) for most
    cateye computers - I used at with a stabdard cateye cordless 3 I think

    Russ

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Bob O <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
    > computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem.
    > I have about
    > 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

    I use a WebTV on my riser bars.

    JD