Best wireless computer for use with riser bars?

Bob O

Guest
I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem. I
have about
1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

"Bob O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
> computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem.
> I have about
> 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

How about trying to find a stem with a narrower clamp? Or maybe some different bars which have a
wider non-risen section. Half an inch really aint a lot.

Ray "Just a thought" Quenched

Andy Chequer <bicycle.repair.man@(removethisbittosend)secretworldgovernment.org> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bob O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
> > computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the
> > stem. I have about
> > 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!
>
> How about trying to find a stem with a narrower clamp? Or maybe some different bars which have a
> wider non-risen section. Half an inch really aint a lot.

You can get a stem mount (or use it on your top tube if using a map board like I did) for most
cateye computers - I used at with a stabdard cateye cordless 3 I think

Russ

Bob O <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm looking for a wireless computer that will work with my riser bar equipped bike. My previous
> computer had to be mounted on a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough room next to the stem.
> I have about
> 1/2" next to the stem to work with. Thanks in advance!

I use a WebTV on my riser bars.

JD