Best wireless computer with cadence?

dillsley

Oct 19, 2004
Anybody out there that has a wireless computer with wireless cadance that they really like and would recommend?

I have a Cateye CD300DW and love it, it uses the rear wheel for speed which is also good if you use your bike on a trainer. The batteries have been in ther for 4000kms so far and are still working good. If you go with a wired one I would recommend the Cateye Astrale 8, cheap, has cadence and also uses the rear wheel.

dillsley said:
Anybody out there that has a wireless computer with wireless cadance that they really like and would recommend?

Polar CS200CAD: easy setup, reliable operation (zero interference issues for me in 1600 miles), low battery use, lots of information, stem mount, also has HRM. Had a Cateye CD300DW, but hated it: it vaporized batteries; interfered w/ Polar HRM; was touchier to set up.

dillsley said:
I love my Polar S725. Tons of features and the cadence works pertfectly.
:)

I am using the polarcs200.I am loving it,it has got some nice features and you can down load your training info on your own polar traing diary on the internet:D ,which I love,so it is easy to keep track of your training.:)

I second the Polar CS200CAD!

dillsley said:

Go with the polar CS200CAD. Its the best value for money. It displays the 4 four things you want to know in the one screen. Distance, Speed, Heart rate and cadence.

Roach11 said:
I have a Cateye CD300DW and love it, it uses the rear wheel for speed which is also good if you use your bike on a trainer. The batteries have been in ther for 4000kms so far and are still working good. If you go with a wired one I would recommend the Cateye Astrale 8, cheap, has cadence and also uses the rear wheel.
I have the CD3000DW also and I really like it, One mistake I made though is that I put the chainstay sensor on to loose ( I am going to move the computer to my race bike for this season when my sponsors deliver the bike to me) and it rubbed on the tire sidewall and made a gouge in the plastic but I was able to seal it up nicely with some cellophane tape that I superglued onto the gouge. Other than that it's an awesome computer and I like all the cadence features and the backlight is a great feature for cloudy days.

I've also got the Cateye double wireless. No problems,wouldnt trade it for anything.

I ride rollers all winter to work on my spin although I have never owned a comptuer with cadence because it is what it is and as long as it feels right I don't care what cadence I'm at.

I do have some feedback on the computers everyone is recommending. I've used the Cateye DW with heartrate function, no cadence, and it was a battery eater. I never had signal issues although going down rough chip and seal roads, the mount is a very poor design, the computer head would vibrate so badly that I couldn't read it. I replaced it with the Polar CS100 and found it to be an excellent computer. Very easy to set up and no issues with battery life. I would go with the Polar verses the Cateye. The only issue with the Polar is that the speed sensor is on the front wheel and that can be a problem for those who use trainers verses rollers.

alienator said:
Polar CS200CAD: easy setup, reliable operation (zero interference issues for me in 1600 miles), low battery use, lots of information, stem mount, also has HRM. Had a Cateye CD300DW, but hated it: it vaporized :confused: ; interfered w/ Polar HRM; was touchier to set up.
does your polar work indoors?

a6rnner said:
does your polar work indoors?

You mean on a trainer? I don't ride indoors.....I live in Tucson.
:rolleyes:

The speed sensor goes on a fork leg, so the answer would be no.

Hey i have the polar cs200 too and LOVE it. Great display, hrm as well, easy to use and as said downloadable to a training program.

Can't go past it for overall value for money too.