Best XC competition bike?

Lokoseena

Dec 3, 2003
What in your opinion is the best bike out there for competition XC custom or not. All opinions are welcome.

I agree to the NRS air fo sure. I have an NRS 1 and it rides great very light and handling is easy. The fuel 100 seems like a great choice for someone who has that kind of money

NRS can generally run a few $hundred cheaper than the fuels but really I didnt see a huge difference when I rode them.Thats just me though.What about you?What do you ride?

I ride an NRS 1 SID in front and back full xtr. I'm either going to the NRS Air or Trek fuel. I'm kindda stuck between both. I've always loved the Giant but never really had the chance to ride a fuel.

There are plenty of nice XC bikes out there

depends on whether you want hardtail or not

the canondale scalpels are meant to be pretty good as are the top of the line hartails from giant, trek, canondale etc

The Fuels are awesome bikes, but the Trek 9.8 hardtail still can't be beaten! The raw power of the carbon frame is just so rewarding, even if you do get 'pinballed' about on some loose descents!

The Epics are very good, and the Santa Cruz Blur is also superb, if a little bit heavier.

Originally posted by Lokoseena
What in your opinion is the best bike out there for competition XC custom or not. All opinions are welcome.

The Gary Fisher Sugar Race -- full seXT, SID fork, Fox Float R rear shock, Bontrager Race disc wheels.

However, since I love my 29er, I would vote for the Sugar 292.