better brake lever for bullhorns

10timesbetter

Oct 7, 2004
I'm not crazy about those bar end levers that are made for bullhorn bars, but i might end up having to try one, i have a normal aero lever on my bike now, but it's long eough, and not angled enough, that i can only pull it in so far before it hits the bar, and it's not nearly enough to make my brake work how i'd like it to, i was curious if anyone had come up with any good ideas for the brake? i have it now so the lever is pointing towards the front of the bike, i could get better leverage if i flipped it around, so the mount was at the end of the bar, but i think that'd get in the way when i was riding, i'd love to just stick a bmx lever on there, but they're 7/ths, and wouldn't fit, do you think if i got a bmx lever for a 1' bar it would fit? oh well, just curious if anyone's come up with anything good,

10timesbetter said:
I'm not crazy about those bar end levers that are made for bullhorn bars, but i might end up having to try one, i have a normal aero lever on my bike now, but it's long eough, and not angled enough, that i can only pull it in so far before it hits the bar, and it's not nearly enough to make my brake work how i'd like it to, i was curious if anyone had come up with any good ideas for the brake? i have it now so the lever is pointing towards the front of the bike, i could get better leverage if i flipped it around, so the mount was at the end of the bar, but i think that'd get in the way when i was riding, i'd love to just stick a bmx lever on there, but they're 7/ths, and wouldn't fit, do you think if i got a bmx lever for a 1' bar it would fit? oh well, just curious if anyone's come up with anything good,
cyclo-cross levers work great. They are probably hard to get but they are designed for road bars. Specialized and Tektro makes some that should be pretty cheap. Try to get the ones with hinged clamps, you can take them on and off without unwrapping your bar tape all the way.

Have a look here to see what I'm talking about.
http://www.store.yahoo.com/cyclocrossworld/topmountlevers.html

odyssey minilevers and modulevers are available in different clamp sizes...my girl usese a minilever on her single speed...