Better choice than LifeFitness 95Ri?

LurfysMa

Guest
I just had a chance to use a LifeFitness 95Ri at a gym for a week. I
really like this machine.

I'm looking to buy something for home use. This is a very nice bike,
but it's $3K new ($2K used). It's also not that portable.

Can anyone recommend anything roughly equivalent that is a little
cheaper?

Does anyone own one of their home units and can comment opn how they
compare to the gym units?

Thanks

--

LurfysMa wrote:
> I just had a chance to use a LifeFitness 95Ri at a gym for a week. I
> really like this machine.
>
> I'm looking to buy something for home use. This is a very nice bike,
> but it's $3K new ($2K used). It's also not that portable.
>
> Can anyone recommend anything roughly equivalent that is a little
> cheaper?
>
> Does anyone own one of their home units and can comment opn how they
> compare to the gym units?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

Just a thought, a regular bicycle, a home trainer, a bike
computer...lots less $ and ya can ride it outside.

On 27 Nov 2006 07:04:33 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>LurfysMa wrote:
>> I just had a chance to use a LifeFitness 95Ri at a gym for a week. I
>> really like this machine.
>>
>> I'm looking to buy something for home use. This is a very nice bike,
>> but it's $3K new ($2K used). It's also not that portable.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend anything roughly equivalent that is a little
>> cheaper?
>>
>> Does anyone own one of their home units and can comment opn how they
>> compare to the gym units?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --

>Just a thought, a regular bicycle, a home trainer, a bike
>computer...lots less $ and ya can ride it outside.

By "home trainer", do you mean a home gym? One of those combination
machines with an inclined plane? I am also considering a weight rack
for the strength work. I am looking into exercycles for the aerobic
component and something to replace running, which my ankles and knees
can't take any longer.

By "bike computer", do you mean one of those little recording devices
that attach to a real bicycle and give readouts on distance etc? I do
have a real bike, but I also want something I can use indoors when the
weather is bad.

I don't have any pressing need to spend $3K, but I just had a chance
to try the LifeFitness cycles at a gym and really liked them. I think
I would actually use it. I had a rowing machine and a stair-step
machine in the past and never really used them. Both of them were
cheaper machines (about $300-400) and they didn't hold up well.

So, I'm probably going to get something like the LifeFitness 95Ri or
9Ri and was just wondering if anyone can recommend any others I should
go try out before I buy.

Thanks

--

LurfysMa wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2006 07:04:33 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >LurfysMa wrote:
> >> I just had a chance to use a LifeFitness 95Ri at a gym for a week. I
> >> really like this machine.
> >>
> >> I'm looking to buy something for home use. This is a very nice bike,
> >> but it's $3K new ($2K used). It's also not that portable.
> >>
> >> Can anyone recommend anything roughly equivalent that is a little
> >> cheaper?
> >>
> >> Does anyone own one of their home units and can comment opn how they
> >> compare to the gym units?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --

> >Just a thought, a regular bicycle, a home trainer, a bike
> >computer...lots less $ and ya can ride it outside.

> By "home trainer", do you mean a home gym? One of those combination
> machines with an inclined plane? I am also considering a weight rack
> for the strength work. I am looking into exercycles for the aerobic
> component and something to replace running, which my ankles and knees
> can't take any longer.

Nope, just a bicycle based stationary trainer, something you hook the
bicycle to, to ride indoors.

> By "bike computer", do you mean one of those little recording devices
> that attach to a real bicycle and give readouts on distance etc? I do
> have a real bike, but I also want something I can use indoors when the
> weather is bad.

Yep and see above, a regular bicycle, hooked to a stationary trtainer
can give you a great workout.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> LurfysMa wrote:
>> By "home trainer", do you mean a home gym?

> Nope, just a bicycle based stationary trainer, something you hook the
> bicycle to, to ride indoors.

I'm pretty sure Peter means something like these:

<http://www.nashbar.com/results.cfm?category=123&subcategory=1087&storetype=&estoreid=&init=y&pagename=Category%3A%20Trainers%20and%20Rollers>

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
novelist (1811-1896)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:39:55 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>LurfysMa <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>So, I'm probably going to get something like the LifeFitness 95Ri or
>>9Ri and was just wondering if anyone can recommend any others I should
>>go try out before I buy.

>What abt a recumbent exercise bike like this Schwinn
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yftoy2
>
>This bike got very god reviews in Consumer Reports

Since my post, I have been doing some research. The Schwinn does seem
to be a good alternative. There are several fitness equipment stores
in this area. I plan to go visit 2-3 this week. I'll also look at
recumbent stationary bikes by Precor, Body Fit, New Balance, Marcy,
Keys, and Vision Fitness, as well as Life Fitness.

I'll report back on the findings.