Better deal alert: lynskey r350 $2,995

Here ya go, Froze...I'll make up for the fake Lynsky pic.

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/3rd-cracked-lynskey-ti-anyone-else-broken-one-more-947908.html
"3rd Cracked Lynskey Ti. Anyone else broken one or more?
1st Ridgeline 29 SL - 815 miles, cracked.

2nd Ridgeline 29 VF - 3,370 miles, cracked.

3rd M290 (Ridgeline geometry) 1,257 miles, cracked.

4th ??"

According to Froze you shouldn't ride a mountain bike in the...mountains. Poor Ti. 'Lifetime' material is not even good for a thousand miles. And with a lightweight rider, to boot!

"150-160 lbs depending on time of year."

I'm not sure what your problem is with me but you got caught being full of schit by me and now you're trying to furiously back pedaling out of it by saying things I didn't say. I NEVER said that a MTB should not be used to ride off road with, what I said was that those MTB's that broke say nothing about what kind of abuse they went through before they broke. I can show you pics all day of CF MTB's that broke, but again no indication as to why they broke, so since your so bent on proving me wrong about ti here are some pics of your precious unbreakable CF MTB's:

http://content.bikeroar.com/system/..._mtb_frame_specialized_s-works.jpg?1378393905

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vmd1MPWQve8/maxresdefault.jpg

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/13232/photos/30088/s780_double_trouble111.jpg?1328831137

The internet is full of these sort of pictures, but the picture below is really important for my next point.

Look at this, the world famous best of the best CF frame from Calfee: https://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ruckus-Components-Calfee-Broken-Headtube.jpg

The Calfee break is important to note, because their recognized as the best CF frame builder in the world, thus your point about Lynskey is a wasted point. But you supposedly know a lot about bicycles, which if you do then I know you knew this stuff, but you just like to cause problems.

The lightest frame in the test...a TREK carbon...was also the most durable.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/frame_fatigue_test.htm

I loves me some Campagnolo, but back in the early 1980's I busted a Record aluminum crank arm clean in two. Lots of other riders also did the same thing. I'm not going to sit here and tell folks they were damned near indestructible. They clearly were not.

I felt a lot like Laurent...mine broke at the pedal end of the vanity groove...
laurent-fignon-broken1-430x622.jpg

This test you so famously and stupidly quote, another failure with Campus Bobby in regards to knowing about bikes, is this: http://www.tomsarazac.com/tom/opinions/frame-test.html Read this carefully boys and girls, this sort of nonsense is often repeated because people want to believe what the believe even if the science involved is flawed but it makes their point so they preach it anyways.

here's how strong steel is against CF; see this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
hit the play arrow.

A guy has THREE titanium Lynskey's go kaboom under him and you're still trying to prove steel makes a good hammer. Brilliant. That's logic for you...

You know, Hillary lost. Twice. And headed for three, herself, after the recount.

Just like Hitlary, you need to get over it. Steel is dead. Ti is dead. Aluminum seems to be the backup material and has been for years.

Just about every bike Lynskey sells has a carbon fork so thanks to the steelie bike maker moron that shot himself in the foot with that video. Brilliant. That will sell...er...about two steel forks to old fart geezer customers that are clueless about the strength of carbon.

One of the local dentists broke a Calfee tandem. So what? He got a new one for free. He wasn't hurt. He wasn't killed. The bike didn't asplode. No big deal.

Keep whining, Froze. Your tears smell like...victory!

I said was that those MTB's that broke say nothing about what kind of abuse they went through before they broke.

Uh...short of running it over with a bulldozer, exactly WHAT abuse would a frame suffer in 800 miles? Admit it. It's an over-priced piece of ****. Owner posted his weight and specs and riding style and terrain.

Here's an idea, instead of shooting yourself in the ass, again...why don't you contact the owner of the three broken Lynskey's and ask HIM about Lynskey quarity? I'm sure you can convince him he bought the very best deal on the planet.

oops...
CIMG3031-2.JPG

oops...
upload_2016-12-11_14-42-4.jpeg

oops...
dead_forks_large.jpg

oops...
Biycle-Frame-Failure-Expert.jpg

oops...
ccf12_2.jpg

oops...
STEEL+FORK+CROWN+FAILURE.bmp

Hey! Those would still make a good hammer!

Campy (used in this definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=campy) Bobbie, you're too risible to continue this meaningless conversation with you.

So for everyone else, Gods gift to mankind is Carbon Fiber, the best of the best, the best there ever was or ever will be, so don't look at all the images of broken CF on the internet, they're not real, it never happened, think that only broken CF MTB's, and probably CF road bikes, according to Campy Bobbie, all broke due to getting ran over by a semi truck, that's the only way they can break, in this video notice that CF does break when hit by a truck, though a much lighter truck than a semi:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's something odd about CF, no other material will get this sort of damage from something so simple that other materials just laugh it off: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/hole-carbon-s-works-frame-347478.html

And for fun here is what is being discovered on the racing circuit: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/oth...frame-for-rising-number-of-injuries-1.1879653

I know, I can hear Campy (remember the definition I gave) Bobbie say that all those sites are bogus, whatever.

Anyway, I posted several sites that Campy Bobbie posted and lied about, that is the kind of person he is, so instead of just listening to his lies and responding and getting nowhere (which would make me insane according to Einstein) I'm going to cease responding and let Bobbie carry on and on and on and on, someone else wants to run on a treadmill on this subject go ahead and have fun.

Froze: <sniff...sniff> "I got my ass kicked so I'm taking my ball and running home!"

Dude, no cares what you ride. Or what I ride.

To assert that Lynskey's **** don't stink and his frames don't break is insanity. To say injuries caused riders of carbon fiber bikes are rising is...well...retarded! Carbon is about 100% of all racing bikes these days so yes. the number of injuries of riders on carbon bikes is increasing. Logic...how does it work?

The holed Spesh could be repaired for $50. My cracked steel Colnago could have been repaired for $100. Why bother? Just get a new bike. That's what we do.

Hey Froze...you got any Simple Green? I was going to clean the chain on the Wilier, but I seem to have misplaced my bottles of Simple Green. Little help!

Why buy the Ribble? It will run rings around the Lynskey.

Read the reviews. The R872 has been around since 2013 and Ribble has been in business since 1879. The R872 is a full-on stiff-stiff-stiff frame that builds up to under the UCI weight limit with a 2Kg wheel set. Read the reviews over the last three years and read the multiple magazine articles where it has won Best In Test, Bike Of The Year, etc. The reviews are absolutely glowing on this bike and the standard price.

No matter who you buy your bike from, you're going to pay shipping. Either in the retail price or from any online re-seller. Competitive Cyclist charges $99. Performance does have that sweet $20 deal running right now, but their prices are a bit high for a Fuji Ultegra in store or mail order. And it's Oval-equipped. But, at least it's carbon fiber.

One has Vision 30 alloy 30 MM profile tank wheels. One has Rodi or in my case shimaNO R330 30 MM alloy tank wheels. All three are decent enough wheels for training. None are worth racing on.

Lynskey's shipping charges on the discontinued R350 from Tennessee to Ohio are:
$135.57 UPS Ground, $243.75 UPS Second Day Air and $466.98 UPS Next Day Air.

Ribble offers a standard 6 year warranty on the frame and fork. Lynskey offers lifetime on the frame, 1 year on the fork.

One costs more than 2X the price of the other.

The Lynskey is hardly a 'deal' at three thousand dollars in an era of sub-$2000 Ultegra carbon machines to choose from.

I still own a 2006 Lynskey Litespeed. It's a wet noodle. I rode it for a year and put it in storage. The lifetime guaranty won't be needed.

For the money I could buy two R872's, demolish one in a crit stack up and still be a bike ahead.
I'm on the market, do you still have it? Do you want to sell your 2006 Litespeed?

Well now we all have to decide, do you side with a man who lied twice about a ti bike that broke that was made by Lynskey but were not which was proven, showed numerous broken Ti MTB's with no idea what abuse was being dished out before the breaks occurred; breaks like he showed has happen to all materials from the abuse of rough MTB'ing so that's nothing new, and there is nothing talked about in the images even if the frames were involved in crashes, which a lot of hard MTB'ing does result in crashes, but some crashes could have been from cars, we have no idea, but I seriously doubt they just happened while peddling along on a paved bike path at 10 mph with a 95 pound woman on board when suddenly it broke! LOL, this is so absurd, but that's what Campy Bobbitt lives off of...the absurd.
And poor DHK2 is now afraid to ride is TI bike due to Campy Bobbitt's stories...not really, but that was funny.

But Bobbitts lying didn't stop, he went on to state that he owns a 2006 Lynskey Litespeed, which is impossible since Lynskey sold Litespeed in 1999, a full 6 to 7 years (depending on actual model year of production) BEFORE he supposedly bought his "Lynskey Litespeed".

All these lies from Bobbitt is about bad mouthing a particular manufacture, lies I'm sure are not the first from him and surely won't be the last.

And then he goes on more of a rant about buying a low cost Ti bike from Ribble, but that bike is made in China by some obscure manufacture with no known record of Ti reliability, whereas a person could get a Ti bike from Motobecane made by ORA in Taiwan for about the same cost as the Ribble but made by the top Asian TI manufacture with NO Ti road bike frame failures that I could find, if that is true that would be a better success story of ANY Ti manufacture no matter of cost.

Lots of bikes get ridden for year and get put away because every year some riders just have a need for a new bike. So here's my offer to Campy Bob: since you have put away your limp and lame Litespeed you can ship to me and I will gladly ride it and you can clear up space in your storage of junk just hanging around that you won't ride...or better yet since you don't like me much plus I really don't need another bike but I would take it if for free, give it to Goodwill or some such place and let someone who might need a bike get some use out of it, plus the proceeds from the sale will go to whatever organization you give it to. Just saying to turn off your mouth here and put it to some good for once by donating it.

So get ready gang for the Campy Bobbitt rant of several pages. I thought I would revive this post for more fun. By the way, I doubt Campy Bobbitt even owns a Litespeed due to his lying about what he had, but if he does I guarantee he won't donate it.

065.jpg

Rides like a wet noodle. I managed to put up with it for a year with the back tire rubbing the flexible flyer chainstays. Wisely, I replaced with a no name carbon fiber frame that I put five years of abuse on.

The Ti blunder is in storage where there's plenty of room for more obsolete technology and cast off materials like all those steel tanks.

Donate it? No thanks. It can sit with the rest and keep them company. If I ever need a good laugh I might take it out again some day.

Buying that piece of **** was worth it just to get your blood pressure up.

067.jpg
066.jpg
062.jpg

064.jpg

068 (1).jpg

DSCF1305_zpsu4udajkc.jpg

Hell, even this one is better riding than Ti.

DSCF0977_zpsahmilltq.jpg

DSCF1196_zpshmj6kbpr.jpg

WilierTriestinaIzoardXP.jpg

DSCF1333.JPG

If you're really nice, Froze, I'll let you come over and wax the bikes. Wax on. Wax off.

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
LOL!! My blood pressure your concerned about, well bless you, but all one needs to do is read all your posts and one can tell real quick you're the one that should be concerned about your own blood pressure.

Nice group of bikes by the way, some I ponder as to why they were never built. That's just weird.

But I wouldn't mind coming over and helping you wax a few of those vintage steel bikes, I would find that fun actually. And then we can barb each other in real life and enjoy a beer or two while doing it.

I have a few more bikes and frames. Some got built. Some never did.

The technology passed some by before I got around to throwing components and wheels on them. Some were shelved when tastes changed. I started out on 60-61 frames as was the norm in the early '70's for a 6' 1" rider and migrated through 58's down to 56's as racing bikes were fitted smaller and smaller and seatposts started showing more and more and stems got longer.

Packed away are the frames I've demolished...and I've demolished my share and then some. Brutal road races...criterium stackups that were over with before anyone could grab the brakes...training crashes...retarded motorists thinking I was invisible...

THREE Pinarellos died under me. Fortunately, I'm made of tougher stuff than Columbus tubing...or a lot luckier.

1985 pinarello v buick.JPG

This is one some really bad scans of Kodak Moments, pre digital camera era. a 1985 Pina that was the first of three killed in rapid succession. A Buick made a left in front of me. Right in front of the Emergency Room entrance of a hospital. How convenient. To bad it didn't occur in front of Gita's headquarters as I needed a new frame more than new hide.

I bought that one right at Denver Spoke, the shop Alexi raced out of when he won the Olympic Road Race Gold Medal in 1984 in L.A. His bike was hanging from the rafters and I really needed a souvenir I could hammer on...

Here's some more shitmaNO **** for ya. Try not to splatter your monitor.

Trek Emonda 12-13-2014 Sebring Ride.jpg

I still pin a number on...and no, I wasn't none too happy to finish second. I ****ed up and didn't attack from two miles out. My grandma could out-sprint me.

2016 Ohio Senior Olympics 40K Road Race Podium 2.jpg

And don't hate. You can't help it you're still riding an obsolete, overweight, flexible flyer Ti bike. You're OLD.

churchsign2.jpg

churchsign1.jpg

LOL, very funny thread. FWIW, I still ride a 2006 Litespeed Siena as my main road bike--upgraded recently to Ultegra DI; and I have a sweet set of Zipp wheels. I love the noodle ride. No frame cracks that I can see or discern and it still looks great. My best riding buddies are on carbon--Pinarello Dogma and a Specialized Roubaix. They are very nice bikes. My buddy has had some issues with his Specialized--but nothing that seems life threatening.

When I get home, I will photo my trusty steed, which is currently doing time on my trainer. I will probably break down and get a new carbon bike one of these days, but I still have a bit of the "if it ain't broke why fix it," and I spent a lot of time getting fitted and sorted on this bike, plus it was my 40th Birthday present so it has some sentimental value. I do think that there is a lot of post boomer dust that makes this bike so appealing to me. When I started riding the "cool guys" had Italian steel bikes or the newest Ti bikes from Merlin. To a poor kid riding a used cannondale and bargain bit components, they just seemed like unattainable objects of beauty and joy. When we got some real money, my wife bought the Litespeed and she just bought me a vintage Masi. In other words, my life is complete.

So for me, buying a carbon would mean giving up my retrogrouch personality and the feeling of joy when I beat my buddy on his new Pinarello on my 11 year old noodle bike; and my anticipated joy of crushing some tool on a tri bike down the shore on a 40 year old Masi. Once upon a time, when I had more legs than money, nothing was more fun than blowing by a guy on a nice bike on my cheap hard tail Kona mtb pulling a kid trailer at 25+ mph on a bike path.

Buying a new carbon bike would be just a surrender of all that is good and holy about rejecting becoming a complete aging elitist yuppie scum A-hole. Alas, I am now squarely in the sub 300W club and those days of crushing real studs are over. So, this is what I have, like the rural folks clinging to their guns and god; I cling to my titanium Litespeed--made in 'merica, by real 'mericans, ridden by a real 'merican and stomping all over those local poseurs on their bikes made in "Jina" as our President Elect says. When I jump on my CA-made Masi--hand welded by some mid seventies hippy--and designed by some old school Italian looking on that hippy with some level of contempt--life will be complete.

And Campy, you seem like you've crashed way more than is healthy. Guys like you scared the **** out of me back in the day. Personally, from riding dirt bikes, and long hours on the road riding with good riders mixed thoroughly with idiots, I started developing that sixth sense of when mixing it up in the middle of some fray just wasn't worth it; and when that lady putting makeup on in the middle of the intersection was going to turn make a left turn in front or turn towards me. Unless its the aging yuppie scum TdF and somebody is going to pay me real money to win, I'm riding in that group or race well beyond the level where a crash is likely to happen. It's one of the main reason, I stopped riding in those impromptu crits in office parks (and hare scrambles on the dirt bike) long ago, anything goes shop rides, massive group rides in traffic around a major metro commuter route, and some of the other stuff that its only a matter of time when you are going to go down. It's also why I started riding cyclocross this season--it hurts a lot less to fall on grass. In the dirt bike world, they started a slogan "stupid hurts." Or they're are old riders, bold riders, but very few old bold riders." Sounds like you may be the exception--a true old bold rider.

LOL, very funny thread.

I aim to please!

I love the noodle ride.

I actually enjoyed the ride of Ti...although that Douglas 'Booty Love' ( I **** you not! That's the name of the saddle that came on it!) saddle with elastomer shock absorbers was part of the smooth ride. I did NOT enjoy my back 23 MM tire rubbing the inside of my chain stays under climbing and sprinting. And that was with the 32-hole, 3-cross, straight 14-gauge spoked Mavic Open Pro's that were built and tensioned by Colorado Cyclist's master wheel builders. The frame...sucks.

So for me, buying a carbon would mean giving up my retrogrouch personality

Nah! I still swear at kids on shimaNO equipped carbon!

Alas, I am now squarely in the sub 300W club and those days of crushing real studs are over.

As you can see in the pics, I was always a skinny runt and still am. No matter how few Watts I produce they will be squarely aimed at the kiddies and the masters! I will never surrender! If I get my ass kicked (again!)...it's because I deserved it.

And Campy, you seem like you've crashed way more than is healthy.

If you only knew! I have lived a life of danger and excitement! And only a few broken bones. Yeah, I stuck my nose right in the thick of it. Sometimes it paid off. Sometimes...I was in the back of the amberlamps getting stitches. I survived it all.

Sounds like you may be the exception--a true old bold rider.

Oddly enough, I can point out many that survived along side of me. A few were way braver and bolder than me and almost all of them developed more horsepower! Our get togethers are events of legend! And a little truth thrown in...

The racing was dangerous and injurious in some cases, but the contact with cars was just brutal. I can predict the weather better than the guys on the television!

Congrats on still racing.

I use to race back the late 70's to the late 80's got only as far as cat 3 and did ok with limited resources, meaning no full time coach we could count on, between having to work (and for awhile being in college and work) meant not a lot time, and sometimes not enough money to travel to events and get a motel etc etc. Then when I got married and had a child it became really a hassle to race. So in 87 I quit racing. I did however live in California so I continued to ride all over the mountains of So Ca because it was fun not having to train or race hard on those same roads. I thought of going back to racing but I still work for a company and run my own business on top of that, so until I retire from the company I can't devote enough time for anything remotely related to racing, so instead I ride for fun/fitness and do some weekend tours. So pretty confident you could beat me in a race today.

I don't think modern TI bikes with their large oversize diameter tubing are all that flexy anymore. You didn't say which Litespeed model you had, but some of those Litespeeds used smaller diameter tubing that was double butted for lightness, and dbl butted tubesets (regardless of tube size) flex a bit more than straight butted tubesets, but most TI bikes are dble butted to save weight so it can sell better, because less weight sells and sells for more money. The Lynskey I have is the cheapest one, the Peloton, which was not butted, so it is pretty rigid on the bottom end due to the larger (but about average from what I can tell from other TI tubesets) diameter tubing. My friends TI Serotta is indeed flexy, but it's also very comfortable due to the flexing as a result of smaller diameter dble butted tubing, but also due to the swayed seat stays. In addition, Litespeed use to make a very stiff TI bike called the Blade, I knew a young lady that raced on one and that bike was a rocketship according to her, and even Lance Armstrong raced on one in 1999, I've never been on one of those but the tubes Litespeed used were huge but the frame weight was kept down to about 2.8 pounds; but this bike used a combination of 3AI/2.5V straight tube, with 6AI/4V dble butted tubing, so that combo may have additionally attributed to the overall stiffness of the bike.

I'm a skinny runt myself, at 6 foot tall and 165 pounds...well after all the holiday food I'm up to 168 which won't take me long to get it back down.

But dude, all of those bikes, some of which never got built, keeping broken bikes (not sure why you broke so many bikes, I've never knew anyone to break as many as you have, I got lucky racing in that I never crashed while racing); which all of that leads me to this question: do you have adult ADHD? what's odd most competitors have ADHD, it's been known that people with ADHD if channeled into sports gives them the edge to succeed in whatever sport they undertake. So I didn't say you have ADHD to you to offend you.

Exactly the way God intended bikes to be made. Titanium and Shimano.

Attachments

• IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 16