Better late than never.

ID64

Oct 27, 2009
HI, there!

Just want to say HELLO to all and introduce myself. I am 45 years old male and I am recently got back to cycling after a long interval being without it. Immigration, settling down in the new country (that I love), switching completely my profession and other factors kept me from cycling due the cost and time factors. So, I start riding again this August ( should have started earlier this summer). I am 5'11 and was in August at about 221 pounds, blood pressure at 140 / 90 and resting heart rate at about 82-86. Not a pretty picture literally and figuratively speaking :)

I just love to bike! Finally, to see all surroundings up close and ride trough those smelly :) countryside places, feel your endurance getting better with every ride.
Now I am at 209 pounds ( still need to drop 15-20 ) blood pressure is back to what it was at my 20's :) and resting heart rate is about 68-75 now. Oh, yeah.... I quit smoking in March as well.

Riding season is almost over in Toronto, but I am planning to keep training on Kinetix trainer all winter to be ready and fit for the next season.

I am still a bit afraid of the hills (or what we call hills here anyways), but I am climbing them with better efficiency than before. Recently got Sigma ROX 9.0 to help me to control my fitness level.

Well, there is nothing amazing in my story :) But I just want to encourage all new comers or anyone thinking that it's TOO LATE. It's never too late. JUST DO IT! :)

And here is my bike:

DSC_9389.jpg

DSC_9390.jpg

DSC_9391.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Very nice looking bike. Not a spec of dirt on it that I can see..

:cool:

64Paramount said:
Welcome aboard!

Very nice looking bike. Not a spec of dirt on it that I can see..

:cool:

I clean my bike after each ride :) Specially, before photo-shoot :)