BETTER THAN SEX POTATOES

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dimitri, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste

    Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.

    Dimitri

    Tags:

  2. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    >
    > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    > potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    > dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    > degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
    >
    > Dimitri

    Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------

  3. Puester

    Puester Guest

    ;-) gloria p

  4. In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    >
    > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    > potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    > dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    > degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
    >
    > Dimitri

    You forgot the potatoes and onions. That's also known as Dairy Potato Bake -- a standard
    accompaniment to my Easter hams for the last 30 years. I don't use all that butter, though. Nor the
    onions. OK, so it's NOT the same recipe! :) Taste notes are similar, though.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

    hahabogus wrote:
    > "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    >> grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    >>
    >> Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    >> potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    >> dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    >> degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
    >>
    >> Dimitri
    >>

    > Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?
    >
    > --
    > Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    > --------
    > FIELDS, W. C.

    And how much sour cream?

  7. Tex-Mex

    Tex-Mex Guest

  8. Maxine In Ri

    Maxine In Ri Guest

    Puester wrote:

    > ;-) gloria p

    Seven Potatoes?

    maxine in ri

  9. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

  10. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    > > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    > >
    > > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in potatoes, onions and
    > > salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining
    > > 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done.
    > > Serves 12
    plus.

    > > Dimitri
    > >

    > Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?
    >
    > --
    > Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    > --------
    > FIELDS, W. C.

    Whoops sorry:

    Dimitri

    1 bag frozen hash brown 1 onion, chopped 1 pt. sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1
    cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz. grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed
    cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste

    Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.

  11. In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote: (snip)

    > > Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion? FIELDS, W. C.
    >
    > And how much sour cream?

    Here's my version:

    { Exported from MasterCook Mac }

    Potato Casserole

    Recipe By: posted to r..f.c. by Barb Schaller 2-2-04. Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time: 0:00
    Categories: Vegetables

    Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method 8 medium potatoes
    1/4 cup butter melted 1 can cream of chicken soup 2 cups sour cream (16 oz.) 1 bay leaf
    2/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 tsp. pepper 3 green onions chopped 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
    4/2 cup crushed corn flakes

    Cook potatoes in their skins (red potatoes are better) until barely tender. Cool, peel, and coarsely
    chop. In a bowl, add butter to soup, stirring until smooth. Blend in sour cream, seasonings, onions,
    and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Pour over potatoes and stir in blend. Spoon into a buttered 2-1/2
    quart casserole. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining cheese and corn
    flakes on top, cover, and bake for another 30 minutes. Serves 8-10 people.

    Source: Barb Ockelmann, Humboldt Avenue, early 1970s. Mighty tasty it is! More recent recipes call
    for a 2# (?) bag of frozen hashbrowns, but I prefer the fresh-cooked potatoes.

    ‹‹‹‹‹ Notes: (Barb Ockelmann¹s recipe from the 70s)

    Per serving (excluding unknown items): 4828 Calories; 228g Fat (41% calories from fat); 142g
    Protein; 582g Carbohydrate; 574mg Cholesterol; 4353mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 35 Starch/Bread; 8 Lean
    Meat; 6 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 39 1/2 Fat
    _____
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  12. Bayee©

    Bayee© Guest

    How do you do the potatoes? Sliced? Mashed? !!

    > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    >
    > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
    > potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
    > dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
    > degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
    >
    > Dimitri

  13. Zxcvbob

    Zxcvbob Guest

    Puester wrote:

    > ;-) gloria p

    I am glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

    Best regards, Bob

  14. D W A C O N

    D W A C O N Guest

    > > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
    > > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    > >
    > > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in potatoes, onions and
    > > salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining
    > > 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done.
    > > Serves 12
    plus.

    --

    http://tinyurl.com/34h7l

  15. Kilikini

    Kilikini Guest

    "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12
    > > > oz. grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
    > > >
    > > > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir
    in
    > > > potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9
    baking
    > > > dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at
    350
    > > > degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12
    > plus.
    >

    > --

    > http://tinyurl.com/34h7l

    It probably lasts longer - LOL. I was wondering what kind of potatoes? The OP didn't say, mashed,
    sliced, diced, hashed, etc. I would assume hashed........

    kili