BETTER THAN SEX POTATOES

Dimitri

Guest
1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste

Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.

Dimitri

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
> grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
>
> Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
> potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
> dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
> degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
>
> Dimitri

Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
--------

In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
> grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
>
> Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
> potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
> dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
> degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
>
> Dimitri

You forgot the potatoes and onions. That's also known as Dairy Potato Bake -- a standard
accompaniment to my Easter hams for the last 30 years. I don't use all that butter, though. Nor the
onions. OK, so it's NOT the same recipe! :) Taste notes are similar, though.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

hahabogus wrote:
> "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>> 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
>> grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
>>
>> Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
>> potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
>> dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
>> degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?
>
> --
> Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
> --------
> FIELDS, W. C.

And how much sour cream?

Puester wrote:

> ;-) gloria p

Seven Potatoes?

maxine in ri

"hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
> > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
> >
> > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in potatoes, onions and
> > salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining
> > 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done.
> > Serves 12
plus.

> > Dimitri
> >

> Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion?
>
> --
> Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
> --------
> FIELDS, W. C.

Whoops sorry:

Dimitri

1 bag frozen hash brown 1 onion, chopped 1 pt. sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1
cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz. grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed
cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste

Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in
potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking
dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350
degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12 plus.

In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote: (snip)

> > Looks good but...How many potatoes and how much onion? FIELDS, W. C.
>
> And how much sour cream?

Here's my version:

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Potato Casserole

Recipe By: posted to r..f.c. by Barb Schaller 2-2-04. Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Vegetables

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method 8 medium potatoes
1/4 cup butter melted 1 can cream of chicken soup 2 cups sour cream (16 oz.) 1 bay leaf
2/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper 3 green onions chopped 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
4/2 cup crushed corn flakes

Cook potatoes in their skins (red potatoes are better) until barely tender. Cool, peel, and coarsely
chop. In a bowl, add butter to soup, stirring until smooth. Blend in sour cream, seasonings, onions,
and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Pour over potatoes and stir in blend. Spoon into a buttered 2-1/2
quart casserole. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining cheese and corn
flakes on top, cover, and bake for another 30 minutes. Serves 8-10 people.

Source: Barb Ockelmann, Humboldt Avenue, early 1970s. Mighty tasty it is! More recent recipes call
for a 2# (?) bag of frozen hashbrowns, but I prefer the fresh-cooked potatoes.

‹‹‹‹‹ Notes: (Barb Ockelmann¹s recipe from the 70s)

Per serving (excluding unknown items): 4828 Calories; 228g Fat (41% calories from fat); 142g
Protein; 582g Carbohydrate; 574mg Cholesterol; 4353mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 35 Starch/Bread; 8 Lean
Meat; 6 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 39 1/2 Fat
_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

How do you do the potatoes? Sliced? Mashed? !!

Puester wrote:

> ;-) gloria p

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

Best regards, Bob

> > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12 oz.
> > grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
> >
> > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir in potatoes, onions and
> > salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining
> > 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done.
> > Serves 12
plus.

--

http://tinyurl.com/34h7l

"d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. milk 1 cube butter, 1/2 melted, 1/2 sliced to cover top 12
> > > oz. grated cheddar cheese 2 c. or more crushed cornflakes Salt and pepper to taste
> > >
> > > Mix sour cream, 1/2 cube melted butter, soup, cheese and milk, stir
in
> > > potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, mix well and put in 13 x 9
baking
> > > dish. Top with cornflakes and remaining 1/2 cube of butter. Bake at
350
> > > degrees for 1 hour taste in center to make sure its done. Serves 12
> plus.
>

> --

> http://tinyurl.com/34h7l

It probably lasts longer - LOL. I was wondering what kind of potatoes? The OP didn't say, mashed,
sliced, diced, hashed, etc. I would assume hashed........

kili