Bettini jersey

Carl Sundquist said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/aug04/zurich04/index.php?id=Reu_podium

> What is the jersey he is wearing? Has Quickstep changed it's colors?

I'll bet that color is supposed to be 'gold'.

From the same article as where you took the photo's:

"Paolo Bettini's second place - his third in a World Cup this year - saw him edge very close to Davide Rebellin (Gerolsteiner) in the overall standings. Bettini now has 308 points while Rebellin, who finished sixth, has 314 points. The Olympic Champion, who was wearing a special gold trimmed jersey today, will now look forward to October's Paris-Tours and the Tour of Lombardy to try and overhaul Rebellin. "

*Snotty voice* You could have read that yourself.

Tuschinski said:
From the same article as where you took the photo's:

"Paolo Bettini's second place - his third in a World Cup this year - saw him edge very close to Davide Rebellin (Gerolsteiner) in the overall standings. Bettini now has 308 points while Rebellin, who finished sixth, has 314 points. The Olympic Champion, who was wearing a special gold trimmed jersey today, will now look forward to October's Paris-Tours and the Tour of Lombardy to try and overhaul Rebellin. "

*Snotty voice* You could have read that yourself.

Off-topic. Freire was ninth in that sprint? Was he hemmed in in the sprint or is his form completely down the drain?

Actually almost as surprising is the 16th spot for Markus Zberg

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:41:01 +1000, Tuschinski wrote:
> Off-topic. Freire was ninth in that sprint? Was he hemmed in in the
> sprint or is his form completely down the drain?

Breukink commented he thought it was a miracle F. even started.
Apparently he crashed on his chest a few days or a while ago.

Ewoud Dronkert said:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:41:01 +1000, Tuschinski wrote:
> Off-topic. Freire was ninth in that sprint? Was he hemmed in in the
> sprint or is his form completely down the drain?

Breukink commented he thought it was a miracle F. even started.
Apparently he crashed on his chest a few days or a while ago.

That is a good enough explanation then:)

yes 'gold' it was a one time Olympic tribute from the team management
(jersey, frame and saddle).
cost: the usual Cipo-fine.

Tuschinski <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Carl Sundquist Wrote:
> > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> http://tinyurl.com/6qy8f
> > >
> > > What is the jersey he is wearing? Has Quickstep changed it's

> colors?
> > >

> > I'll bet that color is supposed to be 'gold'.

> From the same article as where you took the photo's:

*The Olympic Champion, who was wearing
> a special gold trimmed jersey today*,

A pretty clever work around. Pascal Richard ran afoul of the IOC by
putting the rings on his Mobilvetta jersey. I don't think the IOC
has copyrighted the color gold yet....

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tuschinski <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Carl Sundquist Wrote:
>> > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> > >

>> http://tinyurl.com/6qy8f

>> colors?
>> > >

>> > I'll bet that color is supposed to be 'gold'.

>> From the same article as where you took the photo's:
>>

> *The Olympic Champion, who was wearing
>> a special gold trimmed jersey today*,

> A pretty clever work around. Pascal Richard ran afoul of the IOC by
> putting the rings on his Mobilvetta jersey. I don't think the IOC
> has copyrighted the color gold yet....

IMSO, it would look even better if the white on his shorts was replaced with
gold as well.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

>...Has Quickstep changed it's colors?

I thought New York had good schools.

"Jay Hill" <[email protected]...
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> >
> >...Has Quickstep changed it's colors?
> >

> I thought New York had good schools.

JFT is smarter than hell -- that's a typo.

-Ken

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Off-topic. Freire was ninth in that sprint? Was he hemmed in in the
> > sprint or is his form completely down the drain?

> Breukink commented he thought it was a miracle F. even started.
> Apparently he crashed on his chest a few days or a while ago.

So 9th is very good then..

--
Dolfy
- Webstek : http://www33.brinkster.com/dolfy1978

"Bart Van Hoorebeeck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> yes 'gold' it was a one time Olympic tribute from the team management
> (jersey, frame and saddle).
> cost: the usual Cipo-fine.

The gold bar tape was a nice touch.