Beware acycles online retailer

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by jeremydrew121, Jan 10, 2017 at 4:22 AM.

1. jeremydrew121

jeremydrew121 New Member

I recently spent £896.33 on new Mavic Wheels and pedals at Acycles in November last year. To date I have received no delivery from them, no apology (as you can't get hold of anyone) and no refund or any responses to the emails I have sent them. I'm now having to resort to a legal trail to get my money back!! Caviat Emptor

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Have you tried phoning them?

3. jeremydrew121

jeremydrew121 New Member

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have tried repeatedly. Most of the time the phone rings out, some of the time it goes to a French speaking answer machine...then a couple of times I actually got through to either someone called Mike, or Paul who were helpful to begin with, but after several attempts to find out where my order had gone they became more surly and worse still having agreed to refund me I've had absolutely no communication from them and no refund. This is despite chasing twice and emailing both the UK and French headquarters.

4. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Then it's time to dispute the CC charge and move on. Thanks for the headsup. There's many reputable online re-sellers out there. Nice to know who aren't following the rules of fair commerce. Good luck, Jeremy.