Beware acycles online retailer

jeremydrew121

Jan 10, 2017
I recently spent £896.33 on new Mavic Wheels and pedals at Acycles in November last year. To date I have received no delivery from them, no apology (as you can't get hold of anyone) and no refund or any responses to the emails I have sent them. I'm now having to resort to a legal trail to get my money back!! Caviat Emptor

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have tried repeatedly. Most of the time the phone rings out, some of the time it goes to a French speaking answer machine...then a couple of times I actually got through to either someone called Mike, or Paul who were helpful to begin with, but after several attempts to find out where my order had gone they became more surly and worse still having agreed to refund me I've had absolutely no communication from them and no refund. This is despite chasing twice and emailing both the UK and French headquarters.

Then it's time to dispute the CC charge and move on. Thanks for the headsup. There's many reputable online re-sellers out there. Nice to know who aren't following the rules of fair commerce. Good luck, Jeremy.

I would never buy a bike from a source located in France, for some reason they hate Americans even though we got their country back for them in WW2, but that hatred leads to treating Americans with disrespect. I went to France once, I'll never go back. I got treated with a lot more respect in China then I did in France!!!

Anyways, since it was a credit card purchase you can get your money returned to you for failure to deliver the goods that you ordered.

I take you're point, the northern French seem to have a similar grudge against the British. However when you get to the heart if France in the middle or further South it's a different story..

Of course I was in Paris like most tourists go to, then drove to Le Mans, and Le Mans was more of the same attitude, which of course as you said Le Mans is north as well. Maybe we should have divided up France instead of Germany after WW2!

Next time I go to France (now that you mentioned central and south France is a lot nicer to Americans) I'll have to go south and see what that's all about, I would like to visit Nice and some of the coastal cities and towns near there.

Last edited: