Beware of deserted roads in the early morning

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
In the news early this month is the attempted rape of a woman biker in one village. She was out with her bike by 5 am and she usually does that. But this time, there were 2 guys waiting for her in a deserted street that she felt defenseless. It was just fortunate that she was able to scream for help that the would-be attackers were stymied. Although it was not sure if the guys meant to rape her, it is still a good way of adding weight to that incident to make people be more careful.

True, always be vigilant of your surroundings. if you can't find a biking partner, try avoiding deserted streets or vary your cycling route from time to time so that people won't be able to anticipate your presence.

Worrying scenes I must say and as it happened with her, it can even happen to a male biker for in situations like that, you can't really claim to be 100% sure that nothing will happen to you. I have developed that attitude to ride with a friend or two when I go on early morning rides and if they ain't riding, I try to wait till its 6 before I set out on my riding. All in a bid to ensure that I have a smooth ride in the end.

It doesn't have to be deserted. In yesterday's news, here in Albuquerque, IN TOWN, a 81 year old woman walking home from the store was grabbed from behind and knifed in lower back, all for nothing. Criminal walked/ran away laughing. Woman was not robbed (purse and/or groceries not taken). Her screems were not answered, she got home some how and called 911.