Beware of eBay scammers, but you're all too damn smart anyways... (long)

Zeeexsixare

Guest
So here's the background story. I bid on a Kona Dawg just for fun to feel
out for the reserve. Lo and behold, a scammer that saw that I bid on it
offered me a new 2004 for $800 shipped. Here is how it went (skip through
the long section that he writes, but read all my stuff):

First solicitation:

Hi there, I have this Kona Dawg 2004 Mountain Bike 18 at price 800 USD.If you are interested reply
me soon for more details of info. Respects.

Note: Immediately contact Rules & Safety http://www.ebay.com.sg/help?page=helpPolicies if one of
eBay's rules were violated, such as:
- Your contact information was used for purposes unrelated to eBay business, published online
or offline, or was used for the purposes of harassment.
- You received contact information which you believe to be erroneous.

Thank you for using eBay! http://www.ebay.com.sg/

--------------------------------------
My reply:

Actually I'm looking for a Kona Stinky 2002 or 2003 for around the same price range. Do you have
these? What is your phone number? Where are you located? How would I send payment?

Phil, Squid-in-Training
--------------------------------------
His reply:

Hi there,

My phone doesn't work...Like you saw in the auction for the payment i accept money order transfers
via MoneyGram or Western Union and i will ship the package via UPS Air Express, FedEx or DHL.But i
think i will make the delivery via UPS Air Express becasuse you will receive the package must
fast.I will pay the shipping and insurance costs and you must pay the money order fees because i
think this is fair for both of us!Let's close this deal.Please let's close this deal using Western
Union money transfers because i have an agent just around the corner and it will be much easy for
me when i will pick up the money.So here's what you have to do.You must go to an Western Union
office and make the payment on my name and address, after you made the payment people from Western
Union will give you a MTC# (Money Transfer Control Number), you must mail me this number and i will
check with this number at Western Union web page and if everything it's fine and you are a serious
buyer i will go right away at UPS and send you the package and the tracking number from UPS in your
e-mail to be able to check that the package is in your way.After you will receive the package you
must mail me to pick up the money.Thanks and i will wait your full name and address because i need
to know where i must shipp the package!
---------------------------------------
My reply:

Actually, I'd like to pay $2000 for this bike. I think it's worth that much. Please ship the bike
first to 14923 Count Chocula Way, Miami, FL 38471. Once I receive the bike, I will send cash through
the mail. I think that we'll both benefit from doing business this way. I'm sure you'll be
comfortable sending me the bike based on my feedback. Let me know if this is ok. Have a nice day!

--------------------------------------
His reply:

Hi there, I don`t make the same mistake to send the product first and no receive any money.I will
wait your mail for more details. Respects John
My reply:

I thought that your name was Mike. Your e-mail address says Mike Elbe, but you signed your message
John. Which is it? Oh well, it doesn't matter.

I will have my mommy and daddy approve my purchase. I am 7 years old and think that they will pay
for this. What do you think? How do you go potty?

If they approve, I will have a money order sent out on Monday. What address should I send the
money order to?

Phil, Squid-in-Training
His reply:

Hi there, My name is John Nemor and Mike Elbe is my step brother. My full name and adress is John
Nemor Address: Estrada da Outurela, 118 - A 2795-606 Carnaxide Portugal For payment accept only
Western Union because i don`t have a Paypal acount and is muck easy.I will shipp via UPS EXPRESS AIR
and arrive in 2 days.if you are agree reply me soon for more details or info. I must tell you that
i'm a honest man.. I have a wife and I have two childrens.. One boy and one girl (Maria and
Alexander).. I have a question for you: Do you think that I will risk my freedom going to jail for
your money ?! I'm sorry but I will not do that because I have childrens to grow up !

I have a proposition for you: You will go to any Western Union agency and you will send the money
my address ! You will put a secret question and a secret answer to your money ! In that way I can't
pick up the money !

You will e-mail me with your full name and address and I will go right to UPS to ship you the
package ! I will contact you with the UPS scaned paper and that alows you to see that the package
has been sent already to your address !The only way in that we can close this deal is Western Union
! Don't forget that I can't pick up your money without my address and without the secret question
and the secret answer.I will wait your mail with your decision.

Respects John
My reply:

How do I know that you won't just take the money and run away? I heard from friends that people
often offer deals outside of eBay, ask for money by Western Union, and then disappear, never to
return. They also speak broken English because they're from a country in which English isn't the
primary language (Mr. Matthews would enjoy that, huh? lol)

Did I mention that I'm an honest man too? I work 3 jobs, 120 hours per week, and I have 18 kids to
feed. I also have 5 wives, but that's besides the point. Anyways, I work my ass off dealing crack
and heroin... I need this bike for transportation. Granted, I like to jump off of buildings too, but
the cops probably dont' care about the bike jumping compared to the drug trafficking.

Anyways, despite all the obvious warning signs that this is a scam, I think I'll buy this bike from
you. I will have the secret message and password ready for you by tomorrow. I'm sending you
$328,315,342,682,231.22 by Western Union to the address you gave me. Of course I only have $168 in
my bank account, but since I'll be scamming you, I'm sure you won't mind.

Thanks for doing business with me!

Phil, Squid-in-Training
---------------------------------------
His reply:

Hi there, The bike cost 800USd including the shipping taxes and all insurances.I`m not aa scammer.l
m not a scammer.So email me your decision. Respects John
---------------------------------------
My reply:

Alright. I'll buy your bike! I've sent out the money order for $2 billion dollars (say it like, "Two
beeeeeleeeyon dollars" for maximum effect) to the Portugal address. The secret password question is:
"Who?" and the answer me, "Me!"

You wouldn't happen to live in Singapore, would you?

I am an FBI agent (You've watched those Hollywood government conspiracy movies, where the innocent
scammer was taken to the secluded area where nobody could hear his screams as they disembowled him
and such, right?). So basically, I'm going to kick your little patootie to "Federal Pound-me-in-the-
ass prison." Hmm... another cultural reference you might not know. Oh wait, it's from a scamming
movie, so maybe you've seen it! Problem is, you probably have virtually no idea what I'm talking
about or what I'm saying to you, so the point is moot.

Do you know what the penalties for fraud are in Singapore? Yeah... neither do I, but that's ok. I'm
sure they rip off your testicles regardless of the offense.

Have a nice day! :)
---------------------------------------

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre <[email protected]> wrote:
> (snip)> Do you know what the penalties for fraud are in Singapore? Yeah... neither do I, but
> that's ok. I'm sure they rip off your testicles regardless of the offense.
>
> Have a nice day! :)

Well done! Worth the read. I'm amazed that people actually fall for this stuff.

Tom

"ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So here's the background story. I bid on a Kona Dawg just for fun...
<friggin' hilarious story snipped>

> basically, I'm going to kick your little patootie to "Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass prison." Hmm...
> another cultural reference you might not know. Oh wait, it's from a scamming movie, so maybe
> you've seen it!

"Conjugal visits? Not that I'm aware of. You know, minimum security prison is no picnic. I had a
client in there once. He said the trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become
somebody's *****."

"Hey, Peter, man! It's the breast exam lady!"

Mike Judge is a friggin' geeeenius.

r0cK3T/\/\4|\|

tcmedara wrote:
> ZeeExSixAre <[email protected]> wrote:
>> (snip)> Do you know what the penalties for fraud are in Singapore? Yeah... neither do I, but
>> that's ok. I'm sure they rip off your testicles regardless of the offense.
>>
>> Have a nice day! :)
>

> Well done! Worth the read. I'm amazed that people actually fall for this stuff.
>
> Tom

lol excellent
--
Slacker

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
> So here's the background story. I bid on a Kona Dawg just for fun to feel out for the reserve. Lo
> and behold, a scammer that saw that I bid on it offered me a new 2004 for $800 shipped. Here is
> how it went (skip through the long section that he writes, but read all my stuff):
>
><snip>

Good stuff. Had a great laugh over it. :)
--
Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

I´m ashamed that this guy lives in the same country as I do.

KK

"ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
news:[email protected]...

Freakin' hilarious.

Good job.
--