Beware Trek Madone

texas83

Aug 7, 2011
Bought a new Trek Madone 5.2. Paid a lot of money for it and was very excited to have it. Had it for 2 1/2 months. The sprocket bearings went out. Something to do with ceramics holding the bearings. They told me it nearly ruined my frame and Trek would not warrant. Trek knows this is a faulty design and will not back their product. I would recommend you buy the Specialized Rubaix instead. Frankly, in tests I couldn't tell the difference. Ask if the Rubaix has similar problems.

texas83 said:
Bought a new Trek Madone 5.2. Paid a lot of money for it and was very excited to have it. Had it for 2 1/2 months. The sprocket bearings went out. Something to do with ceramics holding the bearings. They told me it nearly ruined my frame and Trek would not warrant. Trek knows this is a faulty design and will not back their product. I would recommend you buy the Specialized Rubaix instead. Frankly, in tests I couldn't tell the difference. Ask if the Rubaix has similar problems.
I ALMOST bought the Madone 4 months ago. I ended up going with the Roubaix Elite because it was cheaper. I've put about 1,800 miles on it and love it more and more. Sucks to hear about The Madone, bro. I've been hearing a lot about Trek denying warranty claims. Shame because they used to be quite good and make good bikes. Hope it all turns out alright, buddy.

Ha ha. And I thought it was sport to make fun of Specialized?

I'm kidding. So you want to dig dirt on Trek? Well, buddy boy (grins!),

you have to give some citations, OK?

I will now tease you about Specialized.

Q: What is special about Specialized?

THE HUGEST LOGO IN BIKE-DOM, BIGGER EVEN THAN THE FRAME TUBE

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

To be fair, now, I am looking at my Trek Lime three feet away from me.

The TREK logo on the black, oval frame tube is about an inch and a half tall and eight inches long,
It's big.

But I bet SPECIALIZED is even longer (pardon phallic competition?)

Here, the next one-ups-manship, (big, thick, long logo),

S p e c i a l i z e d R u b a i x

(it only fits on 21" frames, but it's a whopper of a serious brand!)

poor trek has a little, weeny name...

trek
[SIZE= 12px]________________[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Trek could compete. They just need a fancy-schmancy model name, like "rubaix", idea,[/SIZE]

Trek Presumptabottomous

Gotta watchout for those sprocket bearings. Did you know they're the same ceramic bearings that Ferrari uses in their mufflers?

... that reminds me. Must top up the blinker fluid in the car and go get a bucket of steam.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Gotta watchout for those sprocket bearings. Did you know they're the same ceramic bearings that Ferrari uses in their mufflers?

... that reminds me. Must top up the blinker fluid in the car and go get a bucket of steam.

I only use Spacely Sprockets....nothing but the best for me. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Reid2 said:
Ha ha. And I thought it was sport to make fun of Specialized? I'm kidding. So you want to dig dirt on Trek? Well, buddy boy (grins!), you have to give some citations, OK? I will now tease you about Specialized. Q: What is special about Specialized? THE HUGEST LOGO IN BIKE-DOM, BIGGER EVEN THAN THE FRAME TUBE ______________________________ To be fair, now, I am looking at my Trek Lime three feet away from me. The TREK logo on the black, oval frame tube is about an inch and a half tall and eight inches long, It's big. But I bet SPECIALIZED is even longer (pardon phallic competition?) Here, the next one-ups-manship, (big, thick, long logo), S p e c i a l i z e d R u b a i x (it only fits on 21" frames, but it's a whopper of a serious brand!) poor trek has a little, weeny name... trek ________________ Trek could compete. They just need a fancy-schmancy model name, like "rubaix", idea, Trek Presumptabottomous
What the hell was this??? Methinks you have an unhealthy preoccupation with penis. Yikes.