Beyond Sanity

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Bernie Hughes, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. I've just picked up a copy of Ray Jardine's Beyond Backpacking. Delightfully eccentric stuff. I've
    used lightweight backpacking tips from web sites in the past, but it's quite inspiring to read the
    original. I'm off to cut things up.

    --

    Bernie Get back on the wagon to reply..

    Tags:

  2. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    "Bernie Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I've just picked up a copy of Ray Jardine's Beyond Backpacking.
    Delightfully
    > eccentric stuff. I've used lightweight backpacking tips from web sites in the past, but it's quite
    > inspiring to read the original. I'm off to cut things up.

    Dunno much about Ray Jardine but I bet he got all his ideas off a tramp somewhere (or hobo as I
    think they're called over there). Sadly the days of the genuine country tramp appear to be long
    gone. I expect they all got proper jobs as stockbrokers when the boom years of the eighties
    came along.

  3. Bryan Hall

    Bryan Hall Guest

    It's good stuff, but I think his 'travel lite it's the best method' can get a bit over the top at
    times (especially the universal umbrella!)

    Mind you - I'd cut the handle off my toothbrush - if I bothered to take one backpacking ;-)

    binary.blueyonder.co.uk...