BHIT Day?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony Raven, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    Bill IIRC) ?

    Tony

    Tags:

  2. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    > Bill IIRC) ?

    It's not outwith the bounds of possibility that I might be in London on that day. I could even be
    carrying an S&S coupled tandem.

    OTOH, if I _am_ there, it will be for a meeting of some sort.

    James

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:47:02 -0000, "Tony Raven"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    >Bill IIRC) ?

    Sounds like a good idea, not sure what the leave position will be like at the time (new job
    starts March 1).

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  4. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    > Bill IIRC) ?

    Heh, sounds an idea if it can get enough support to be noticed.

    But it's an infeasibly long way for some of us to come.

    --
    Nick Kew

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the
    second
    > reading of the BHIT Bill IIRC) ?

    Could be fun. Not sure of the diary but maybe.

    St George's Day -- possible link to restriction of our freedoms?

  6. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:47:02 -0000, "Tony Raven"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    >Bill IIRC) ?
    >
    >Tony

    Hmm. What a good idea.

    I'll see if I can engineer a mtg in London on that day; thus getting round the awkward should-be-at-
    work problem.

  7. Tony Raven wrote:

    > Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    > Bill IIRC) ?
    >
    > Tony

    I'd rather join the start of their "Ride To The Race" event, wearing the most stupid headgear I can
    find. Somewhere I have a plastic Viking helmet with big horns.

  8. On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:55:09 +0000, Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone fancy going for a cycle in London on April 23rd (the day of the second reading of the BHIT
    >> Bill IIRC) ?
    >>
    >> Tony
    >>

    >I'd rather join the start of their "Ride To The Race" event, wearing the most stupid headgear I can
    >find. Somewhere I have a plastic Viking helmet with big horns.

    I think I've got an old top hat somewhere.

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    wrote:

    >I'd rather join the start of their "Ride To The Race" event, wearing the most stupid headgear I can
    >find. Somewhere I have a plastic Viking helmet with big horns.

    Heh! I like that idea! How about if we all turn up to the start of said event wearing AFDBs
    (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)?

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:55:09 +0000, Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I'd rather join the start of their "Ride To The Race" event, wearing the most stupid headgear I
    >> can find. Somewhere I have a plastic Viking helmet with big horns.
    >
    > Heh! I like that idea! How about if we all turn up to the start of said event wearing AFDBs
    > (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)?

    I think I might wear one of Sheldon's Bikecentennial Airbag helmets: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/airbag-
    helmet.html

    Tony