BHIT: Web Idiots

On 2004-06-30, Ian G Batten <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe. But I've seen a lot of ludicrously complex code in
> other fields which makes me think ``contractor paid by the
> hour'' or ``mmmm, job security''.

I wonder if I sometimes seem to fall into that trap because
I use design patterns a lot. They're great if everyone's
familliar with them, and the resulting code becomes quite
modular, but when you hand over to people who are not
familliar with the patterns you see it looks very complex to
them. With something like Strategy you can explain away at
least 2 classes and an interface in one word. Throw in Model
View Controller and you have to start thinking a bit until
you get used to it. Patterns allow your building blocks to
become larger.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot
com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a one way street, _/