Bi-Tech white LED - rubbish?

27x1.4

Mar 16, 2008
My Sainsbury's sale cycle accessory has lasted me just one and a half winters before it simply failed to switch on. Because it has no country of origin let alone switching on instructions ( I spent 15 minutes working that out - my first LED) is this acceptable?

I gave it to an expert with test equipment who said it's dead, so it's not batteries and yes I still have the packaging.

Anyone with similar experience? Should I expect this?

Well if you ride in the wet alot and its not a properly sealed unit, then yeah it's not surprising its dead after 1 1/2 years. You get what you pay for.

However if it is sealed, and you can get in to replace the batteries, you would expect to be able to go through a few sets before the unit fails.

Phill P said:
Well if you ride in the wet alot and its not a properly sealed unit, then yeah it's not surprising its dead after 1 1/2 years. You get what you pay for.

However if it is sealed, and you can get in to replace the batteries, you would expect to be able to go through a few sets before the unit fails.
It never got wet only damp. The amount of cycling in the dark I did with it was probably no more than a 8 rides, so that's about 5 hours that's all.

I've gone back to heavy battery lights and been put off LEDs. Should I give another manufacturer with a country of origin on the package a try?

Country of origin makes no difference!

Asia can make things of the highest quality, it just has to be design properly and have good QC. You get what you pay for.

Some times cheap doesn't always mean bad. Your just coming out of winter, I'm sure a few months a go one of your local bike mags would have done a review on bike lights. Go see what they recommend in your price range.

You should try going back to the shop. But after 1 1/2 years you'll be struggling to convince them you've only done 5 rides/8 hours.

LEDs are the best tech out there for front and rear lights, unless you go high capacity flood light sort of thing.