Bianchi Broadway tubing - what?

furchtlos

Nov 28, 2009
I'm wanting to do an SS conversion of an old bike. I'm liking the looks of a Bianchi Broadway that is available to me. QUESTION: Does anybody know what tubing is used in the Broadway frame? I would hope it is CroMo. If it isn't what is the weight difference between CroMo and whatever tubing was used in such bikes?

Thanks

furchtlos said:
I'm wanting to do an SS conversion of an old bike. I'm liking the looks of a Bianchi Broadway that is available to me. QUESTION: Does anybody know what tubing is used in the Broadway frame? I would hope it is CroMo. If it isn't what is the weight difference between CroMo and whatever tubing was used in such bikes?
The TYPE of components and/or dropouts on the Bianchi Broadway will give a possible indication as to whether the frame is CroMo, or not -- steel derailleurs & stamped dropouts would suggest a frame which is probably NOT CroMo.

The weight is affected by the frame size ... the difference in weight will be less than a pound when compared with most fragile, 'SL', double butted CroMo, and less than a half pound on less exotic CroMo tubing.