Bianchi "Chick Designed"

Geoff King

Guest
I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.

Thanks, Geoff

yep, the chick is sky yaeger, bianchi's u.s. designer.

Geoff King wrote:
> I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
> logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
> bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
> bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.

Yes, that would be Sky Yaeger, Bianchi's resident genius.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/skygios.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

What a coincidence! Is your frame a Vigorelli? I just got a 2003
lightly-used Bianchi Vigorelli frame and fork and it has the "100% Chick
Designed" decal at the lower back of the seattube.

From looking at the 2003 Bianchi Vigorelli specs:

http://gianni.bianchiusa.com/2003/site/bikes/25_Vigorelli.html

looks like the "100% Chick Designed" might have applied to the components
for this model. The complete bike came with some "girl" specific parts like
4Girls handlebars and short reach levers. Doesn't look the specs for the
frame and fork differed from the other Bianchi models using this frame and
fork, just a few components on the Vigorelli.

Frank

"Geoff King" <> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
> logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
> bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
> bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.
>
> Thanks, Geoff

My Bianchi Pista is "100% Chick Designed" also. No "girlie man" components
on it. Give Sky her due.

-Kalukis

news:[email protected]...

According to jim beam <[email protected]>:
>yep, the chick is sky yaeger, bianchi's u.s. designer.

And it's a real pity that she tacks **** like that on the bikes.
The "your bike sucks" tag on last year's S.I.S.S. made me not like her
style, and the integration of the Cars-R-Coffins logo made me think
less of them. Is she still stenciling "PISTA CONCEPT 200x" across the top
tube of the high-dollar track frame? Very A-Team.

I like chrome bikes, but the silver saddle on this year's Pista puts the
bike in Liberace territory.

---
Lars Lehtonen;5A

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 02:32:15 GMT, "Kalukis" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>My Bianchi Pista is "100% Chick Designed" also. No "girlie man" components
>on it. Give Sky her due.

And her "don't"; there's no good reason to put stuff on a bike that
the market probably would rather not have there. Genius with wheels
or not, somebody who works for Bianchi needs to understand that the
idea is to sell bikes, not thump a personal drum. To paraphrase a
deceased publisher, if she's got a message, she needs to use Western
Union.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Thanks for all the replies. Mine's a 2004 Giro. There are no chick
specific parts on this one since I'm 6 feet tall. I'm very happy with
the whole package.

Geoff King wrote:

> I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
> logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
> bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
> bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.
>
> Thanks, Geoff

Geoff's riding a girl's bike, Geoff's riding a girl's bike...;-)

Frank

news:[email protected]...

Lars Lehtonen wrote:
>>Geoff King wrote:
>>
>>>I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
>>>logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
>>>bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
>>>bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.

> According to jim beam <[email protected]>:
>
>>yep, the chick is sky yaeger, bianchi's u.s. designer.

> And it's a real pity that she tacks **** like that on the bikes.
> The "your bike sucks" tag on last year's S.I.S.S. made me not like her
> style, and the integration of the Cars-R-Coffins logo made me think
> less of them. Is she still stenciling "PISTA CONCEPT 200x" across the top
> tube of the high-dollar track frame? Very A-Team.
>
> I like chrome bikes, but the silver saddle on this year's Pista puts the
> bike in Liberace territory.
>
> ---
> Lars Lehtonen;5A

i don't "know" sky, but i have met her and i can tell you, she's a
really cool person that spends a lot of time riding and talking with
people in all the major u.s. bike markets - riders, not just sales
droids. my personal comment was that i /love/ the gray color of the '03
pista more than the chrome '04. she said a lot of people loved the
gray, but even more loved the chrome, so that's why it got the vote.

i guess you can analyse the same way for all the other stuff you mention
- but the point is, she /does/ do her homework, and what goes out as
product is the result of consumer opinion in. i guess if you want to
experess your opinion as well, track down one of your local bianchi
dealers - they /will/ be talking to her sooner or later - and get them
to convey your opinion. it will be heard sooner or later.

I wrote:
>> And it's a real pity that she tacks **** like that on the bikes.
>> The "your bike sucks" tag on last year's S.I.S.S. made me not like her
>> style, and the integration of the Cars-R-Coffins logo made me think
>> less of them. Is she still stenciling "PISTA CONCEPT 200x" across the top
>> tube of the high-dollar track frame? Very A-Team.
>>
>> I like chrome bikes, but the silver saddle on this year's Pista puts the
>> bike in Liberace territory.

According to jim beam <[email protected]>:

>i don't "know" sky, but i have met her and i can tell you, she's a
>really cool person that spends a lot of time riding and talking with
>people in all the major u.s. bike markets - riders, not just sales
>droids.

I don't at all doubt that Sky Yeager is a wonderful person committed to
cycling at more than a commercial level.

[snip]

>i guess you can analyse the same way for all the other stuff you mention
>- but the point is, she /does/ do her homework, and what goes out as
>product is the result of consumer opinion in. i guess if you want to
>experess your opinion as well, track down one of your local bianchi
>dealers - they /will/ be talking to her sooner or later - and get them
>to convey your opinion. it will be heard sooner or later.

Luckily, there are other bike companies out there. I should heed these
words and not complain about the companies that aren't making stuff that
interests me.

I'll save my complaining for railing against the companies in the Bikes
Belong industry lobbying group that are working with the AAA to get
cyclists off the roads and on to **** paths. Bianchi isn't one of them.

----
Lars Lehtonen

Actually when I was fitted I was told that I have "girly build".
supposedly this is due to my irregularly long lower legs?