Bianchi cross frame with Record Triple cranks?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies yet):

    Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    Any problems with down tube, seat tube or chain stay clearance?

    This info might help a potential buyer of the cranks I'm auctioning. I've
    never seen the frame and I'm not too familiar with cross bikes in general.
    I know that the crank/BB combo results in more clearance than the
    symmetrical 111 with Veloce/Centaur crank, but don't know if it's enough
    for this bike. Note: there's no 115.5 asymmetric BB.

    Thanks for any help.

    ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies yet):
    >
    > Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    > Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions around
    here.

    If you don't know its Sheldon or the techie newsgroup.

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Tony W wrote:

    >> Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies
    >> yet):
    >>
    >> Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    >> Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    > C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions
    > around here.

    :) I think there are some cyclo-cross riders here. I've got zilch
    experience of this particular type of road bike.

    Actually I think the bike will be fine unless the chain stays are
    extremely splayed out or something weird like that.

    ~PB

  4. Simon D

    Simon D Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tony W wrote:
    >
    >>> Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies
    >>> yet):
    >>>
    >>> Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    >>> Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    >> C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions
    >> around here.

    > :) I think there are some cyclo-cross riders here. I've got zilch
    > experience of this particular type of road bike.
    >
    > Actually I think the bike will be fine unless the chain stays are
    > extremely splayed out or something weird like that.

    I'm pretty sure you'll be okay . It's more the shape of the chainstay tubes
    that *could* be a problem, but I think it's highly unlikely.

  5. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    Should be OK but you might need Italian threaded BB rather than the
    normal UK size...
    All the best
    Dan Gregory