Bianchi Eros Donna

Mike Pan

Mar 20, 2012
I'm thinking of getting my girl a new 2012 Bianchi Via Nirone 7 2300 and sell her old 2007 Bianchi Eros Donna. Is it worth upgrading? How much can I get for her old Eros?

Bianchi Eros Donna is a sexy little bike, very nice. Whether or not would be worth upgrading would depend upon the scope of the upgrade and condition of the bike. Actually I think that a Via Narone 7 2300 is a step down in both components and frame from the Eros Donna. Now if you were going to go with a VN 7 Tiagra or a VN 7 105, then it might be worthwhile to swap unless the Eros is pretty much worn out or completely trashed. If the frame is in rough shape but the components are good, you might go ahead and get the Via Narone 7 2300, and then swap out the components from the Eros onto the Narone. That way she has the AL frame with better components than Shimano 2300.

The Eros MSRP was around $1300 in 2007. Condition is everything when selling a bicycle. IMHO: In pristine condition, you could get around $1000. If it is well used, around $750. If it is in rough shape, $300 or less. Look on eBay or any of the other used bicycle sales sites to get an idea of what they are going for.

Oh, and take all that I said with a grain of salt. My youngest bike is a 2003 and all of the others are 1980's vintage. If you take care of them, they can last a long time.