Bianchi EROS owners

Corsaire

Oct 16, 2003
Would EROS make a good multi purpose, weekend long rides, fitness and commuter? (I'm not into racing)
and the possiblity of adding a 700 x 28C tire would work?
Corsaire

Originally posted by Corsaire
Would EROS make a good multi purpose, weekend long rides, fitness and commuter? (I'm not into racing)
Corsaire

I rode one for about three months. I liked it reasonably well. General all around bike. Value is about par. I liked that it was steel rather than Al & came with campy components even though they were toward the low end. Mine was destroyed by a car and I bought a used titanium bike for $400 hundred less and fell in love with ti. I recomend doing that instead of paying retail for an Eros.

As the new owner of a Celeste Eros, I can tell you that at $1,000 you cannot find a better road bike: silky steel frame feel, classic Campagnolo gruppo, many extras make this value far and away the best bike in it's price range. Not to mention the Bianchi heritage. Priceless.

Corsaire said:
Corsaire
I have a 2003 Eros that I paid $799 for . Great all around bike. Smooth comfortable frame, love Campy. Way more intuitive shifting than Shimano. Great brakes, nice wheels (Mavic). Original San Marco Azoto saddle will cause numbness of the tender parts. I replace this. Other wise stock. Great bike.

This weekend my wife and I road a half-century over very hilly terrain. The pace was brisk. My Eros responded with smooth shifting on the uphills, graceful, alert handling on the forty-plus mph downhills, and a smooth ride over gritty concrete in places. On the other hand, my wife's Cannondale R400 with Shimano Tiagra gruppo slipped, jammed and bit a lot, while her aluminum frame, even with new carbon forks, left her rattled. Her next bike? Eros Donna.

This weekend my wife and I road a half-century over very hilly terrain. The pace was brisk. My Eros responded with smooth shifting on the uphills, graceful, alert handling on the forty-plus mph downhills, and a smooth ride over gritty concrete in places. On the other hand, my wife's Cannondale R400 with Shimano Tiagra gruppo slipped, jammed and bit a lot, while her aluminum frame, even with new carbon forks, left her rattled. Her next bike? Eros Donna.