Bianchi Eros- widest tire with fender?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Jacobson, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. I have an opportunity to get a NOS c. 1997 lugged Bianchi Eros frame. I want to set it up as a rain
    bike and so I will fit it with SKS fenders. Seems that it is spec'd for "short reach" brakes. What's
    the widest tire I can expect to be able to use? Thanks. Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have an opportunity to get a NOS c. 1997 lugged Bianchi Eros frame. I want to set it up as a
    > rain bike and so I will fit it with SKS fenders. Seems that it is spec'd for "short reach" brakes.
    > What's the widest tire I can expect to be able to use?

    Eros are not all that ample. 28mm with mudguards is about the limit. With IRC Tandem 30 you'll have
    to forego the mudguards.