Bianchi Frame Marlboro Cigarette End

Justin Lewis

Guest
Recently Phillip Morris paid an out of court settlement to a girl injured by one of their products.
A mother left the girl behind in the car when shopping: before leaving the car she had
unsuccessfully attempted to extinguishing a Marlboro cigarette. The smouldering stub caused the car
to burst into flame resulting in 77% burns for the young girl.

If I say that a stray Marlboro cigarette was the primary cause of my frame- failure do I stand a
chance of receiving a si,ilar settlement and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Recently Phillip Morris paid an out of court settlement to a girl

<snip>

> and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?

I personally thought you had the dumbass thing firmly established after the Bianchi thread. Why do
you need further confirmation?

Glenn Butzlaff

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:04:05 -0500, "Glenn Butzlaff" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Recently Phillip Morris paid an out of court settlement to a girl
>
><snip>
>
>> and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?
>
>I personally thought you had the dumbass thing firmly established after the Bianchi thread. Why do
>you need further confirmation?
>
>Glenn Butzlaff

Because, although many people were delightfully gauche and denegrating, the base upon which they
founded what they laughingly refer to as their reasoning was one of quicksand. The end result was
less than the sum of the components.

Still wishing to be a real DUMBASS

I remain etc.

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Recently Phillip Morris paid an out of court settlement to a girl injured by one of their
> products. A mother left the girl behind in the car when shopping: before leaving the car she had
> unsuccessfully attempted to extinguishing a Marlboro cigarette. The smouldering stub caused the
> car to burst into flame resulting in 77% burns for the young girl.
>
> If I say that a stray Marlboro cigarette was the primary cause of my frame- failure do I stand a
> chance of receiving a si,ilar settlement and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?

Dumbass -

Yes.

As to the Marlboro case - they clearly settled to avoid legal costs. A mother who leaves a child in
the car to go shopping is negligent even if nothing happens.

> "Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Recently Phillip Morris paid an out of court settlement to a girl injured by one of their
> > products. A mother left the girl behind in the car when shopping: before leaving the car she had
> > unsuccessfully attempted to extinguishing a Marlboro cigarette. The smouldering stub caused the
> > car to burst into flame resulting in 77% burns for the young girl.
> >
> > If I say that a stray Marlboro cigarette was the primary cause of my frame- failure do I stand a
> > chance of receiving a si,ilar settlement

No

> > and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?

No

The *idiot attorney wannabe* (that would be you, justin) must not know about comparative negligence
(to further compound his areas of weakness). I also find it astounding that he keeps giving examples
of cases with profound exposure due to massive tort claims (pain and suffering and the potential for
punitive damages) as having any bearing on his expired warranty claim. These cases have very little
in common.

Justin, you are in a special class. Calling you a "dumbass" would be a confusing compliment. It is
more likely that in the future when someone makes an outrageous claim, that person will be called a
"stupid Justin!".

Here is a tip Justin: If you want to add to the value of your claim, keep riding that thing until it
fails (preferably on a steep downhill) and then if you get hurt, you can make a claim for your
injuries (but not your frame! OK?).

Do you get it?

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

>> > If I say that a stray Marlboro cigarette was the primary cause of my frame- failure do I stand
>> > a chance of receiving a si,ilar settlement
>
> No
>
>> > and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?
>
> No
>
> The *idiot attorney wannabe* (that would be you, justin) must not know about comparative
> negligence (to further compound his areas of weakness). I also find it astounding that he keeps
> giving examples of cases with profound exposure due to massive tort claims (pain and suffering and
> the potential for punitive damages) as having any bearing on his expired warranty claim. These
> cases have very little in common.
>
> Justin, you are in a special class. Calling you a "dumbass" would be a confusing compliment. It is
> more likely that in the future when someone makes an outrageous claim, that person will be called
> a "stupid Justin!".
>
> Here is a tip Justin: If you want to add to the value of your claim, keep riding that thing until
> it fails (preferably on a steep downhill) and then if you get hurt, you can make a claim for your
> injuries (but not your frame! OK?).
>
> Do you get it?

LOL... POTM

Justin Lewis wrote:
> and, second, can I be referred to as DUMBASS?

No, stommeling!!

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Kindly giving Justin what he so clearly desires, not spending too much time pondering why Justin
desires it...

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:51:31 -0700, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The *idiot attorney wannabe* (that would be you, justin) must not know about comparative negligence
>(to further compound his areas of weakness). I also find it astounding that he keeps giving
>examples of cases with profound exposure due to massive tort claims (pain and suffering and the
>potential for punitive damages) as having any bearing on his expired warranty claim. These cases
>have very little in common.
>
>Justin, you are in a special class. Calling you a "dumbass" would be a confusing compliment. It is
>more likely that in the future when someone makes an outrageous claim, that person will be called a
>"stupid Justin!".
>
>Here is a tip Justin: If you want to add to the value of your claim, keep riding that thing until
>it fails (preferably on a steep downhill) and then if you get hurt, you can make a claim for your
>injuries (but not your frame! OK?).
>
>Do you get it?

Little Nick, congratulations for your total physical recovery after your humour by-pass. Even a
moron of mind boggling ineptitude could have divined that there is an element of self-deprocating
humour in my posting. Even a moron as described: but not you.

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Little Nick, congratulations for your total physical recovery after your humour by-pass. Even a
> moron of mind boggling ineptitude could have divined that there is an element of self-deprocating
> humour in my posting. Even a moron as described: but not you.

Hey Dipshit,

Everyone knew you were joking, but your stupid joke was no more outrageous than your original
article about your boohoo Bianchi situation.

>Hey Dipshit,
>
>Everyone knew you were joking, but your stupid joke was no more outrageous than your original
>article about your boohoo Bianchi situation.

I mean self-deprecating: just a soupcon. Not much of a comeback, Nick. I still feel that you could
do better, given time.

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Hey Dipshit,
> >
> >Everyone knew you were joking, but your stupid joke was no more
outrageous
> >than your original article about your boohoo Bianchi situation.
> >
> I mean self-deprecating: just a soupcon. Not much of a comeback, Nick. I still feel that you could
> do better, given time.

Except that your opinion will never mean anything.

>Except that your opinion will never mean anything.

It quite obviously can mean something otherwise you would not be able to react to it.

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Except that your opinion will never mean anything.
>
> It quite obviously can mean something otherwise you would not be able to react to it.

Hoping not to presume the meaning of another, but I believe that that writer meant : " ... your
opinion will never mean anything OF VALUE."

Certainly, your inept treatment of legal themes confirms this in that area, rather globally, and
your pettiness in discourse gives one the impression that you are just an abomination when nearby.
Perhaps you have some good qualities, as all would hope. Feel free to show us what a stellar being
you are, but it would be kind of you to deal with two-wheeled human powered competition vehicles. As
the name of this newsgroup suggests.

Your replies will go unanswered. And no, you still can't qualify as a dumbass. At least not here.

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Except that your opinion will never mean anything.
>
> It quite obviously can mean something otherwise you would not be able to react to it.

Justin, please consider trying this with your Bianchi or favorite two wheeled machine. Find a long
downhill with numerous curves that can be taken at speed, say 40+ mph. Go through the first few
turns to get your speed up. Then close your eyes tight (NO peeking!!) until you stop. We'll all be
better for it.

>Justin, please consider trying this with your Bianchi or favorite two wheeled machine. Find a long
>downhill with numerous curves that can be taken at speed, say 40+ mph. Go through the first few
>turns to get your speed up. Then close your eyes tight (NO peeking!!) until you stop. We'll all be
>better for it.

I have certainly considere your interesting proposal but am unable to incorporate it into my current
cycling policy. I live in Holland and thus such an incline is about as rare as rocking-horse ****.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:50:07 +0200, "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Your replies will go unanswered.
Would a certain amount of huffing and puffing until you blow my house down not be congruent with
this sort of ostracism?

"Justin Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:50:07 +0200, "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Your replies will go unanswered.
> Would a certain amount of huffing and puffing until you blow my house down not be congruent with
> this sort of ostracism?

Dumbass -

You are being universally ostracized because everyone here likes you.