Bianchi Gold Race or Devinci Apex?

canuckbob

Aug 28, 2004
Hello,
I'm trying to decide which is the better bike, a new 2002 Bianchi Gold Race ($CDN 1000) or a 2004 Devinci Apex ($CDN 900). I can't get much info about the Bianchi other than it has Xenon components, CrMo fork. The Devinci has Tiagra group set with a 105 rear derailleur, other info is on website.

Any comments, opinions,etc?

Hi! I have a 1999 Bianchi Eros and I just LOVE her! No problems with anything and I ride a lot. Very comfortable.

Hi to a fellow Canadian (and I just finished watching a Steve Bauer documentary on documentary channel tonight too...)

You probably won't see much web info on Devinci, I think they're relatively unknown in the states. I just bought a Devinci Podium, I got a new 2003 as my first real road bike (unless circa 1981 Raleigh Grand Prix counts). The 2004 is identical except colour. Same frame as Apex but I like the Campagnolo Veloce components - I think from my reading that it's a big improvement on Tiagra. I am delighted with the bike and I didn't see much else that seemed as good a value (1449 cdn). For me I wanted to get something good enough that I wouldn't be wanting to upgrade. I like the fact that it's Canadian made. I really can't speak to the Bianchi, didn't cross shop it.

Good luck

I have second hand Gold Race Pro, don't know what year. I got a good deal, £300. Fantastic bike, feels a whole load livelier than some £700-£1000 (new) Claude Butlers and Treks I test rode. Not a very objective measure, but great fun. All UK pounds sterling by the way.