Bianchi is a Schwinn

Callistus Valer

Guest
Someone from Europe was telling me that Bianchi bikes are the Schwinns of Europe. That only dunces
buy them, because they remember when Papa bought a bianchi for them for Christmas when they were 5.
And that secretly the pro-riders who ride them wince about their bikes when in the peloton. Not that
the bikes are bad, he went on, but that it's old school and that Bianchi's reputation has suffered.

"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Someone from Europe was telling me that Bianchi bikes are the Schwinns of Europe. That only
> dunces buy them, because they remember when Papa bought a bianchi for them for Christmas when
> they were 5. And that secretly the pro-riders who ride them wince about their bikes when in the
> peloton. Not that the bikes are bad, he went on, but that it's old school and that Bianchi's
> reputation has suffered.

Basically all true. My first racing bike was a Bianchi. Daddy bought it to me when I was 10.
At 13 it was already all broken, I bought a Colnago that lasted much longer and never went
back to Bianchi.

>At 13 it was already all broken, I bought a Colnago that lasted much longer and never went back
>to Bianchi.

well, I had a Conago Super where the steerer bulged out(the stem was never so tight you couldnt
twist the bars with a moderate yank, and later the rear dropout cracked in half. I still have an 85
Profil with lots of miles, but prefer my Bianchi Boron XL.

at 13, probably anything you rode would've been broken. thats the nature of children.

True, I mean look at the color of those bikes? This kind of green just hurts my eyes. The pink of
Jans (Ullrichs) former Team wasn´t better though.

http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.sport1.de/Bilder/Radsport/Bilde
r_20Coast/Bilder_20Ullrich/rad_20bianchi_20ullrich_20vor_20kameras_20bil,pro perty=original.jpg

Jan (not Ullrich)

news:[email protected]...

"Jan Beckhoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> True, I mean look at the color of those bikes? This kind of green just
hurts
> my eyes.

That color, celeste, is too much when it is the lone tint.

A celeste colored room would not be appealing - a room with celeste accents might be quite nice.

OTOH Celeste, the **** star, was easy on the eyes.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jan Beckhoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> True, I mean look at the color of those bikes? This kind of green just
>hurts
>> my eyes.
>

>That color, celeste, is too much when it is the lone tint.
>
>A celeste colored room would not be appealing - a room with celeste accents might be quite nice.
>

>OTOH Celeste, the **** star, was easy on the eyes.

You are going to get blind

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

I have a '99 Alloro, celeste-blue, not the dull green that is used on frames on the lower end
models. Glints like mother of pearl in the sun. Black bars with celeste grip tape, black walled
tires, black saddle----- That colour alone is worth an extra 2-3 miles per hour.

> "Jan Beckhoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> True, I mean look at the color of those bikes? This kind of green just
> hurts
>> my eyes.
>

> That color, celeste, is too much when it is the lone tint.
>
> A celeste colored room would not be appealing - a room with celeste accents might be quite nice.
>

> OTOH Celeste, the **** star, was easy on the eyes.

The variant you refer to is relatively new. The "dull" variant (non-metallic paint) is closer to the
paint used when the best riders were seen on Bianchis.

news:[email protected]...