Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bianchi or Lemond

Started by speedracer18 · · Last activity · 1 post · 606 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 August 2004
Last activity
13 August 2004
Original author
speedracer18
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
606
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm in the market for a new road bike, but can't decide between a couple of '04 bikes in my price range:

    Bianchi Giro ($1500)- carbon seat stays, 105 components, Mavic Cosmos wheelset

    Lemond Alpe d'Huez ($1300) - Ultegra components, Bontranger Select wheelset

    I've enjoyed the ride of both, but I'm a total newbie to road bikes. I like the fact that both have aluminum frames made in the USA. Carbon seat stays on the Bianchi sounds like that would give it the advantage. Unfortunately, I'm not that experienced with carbon and I'm not sure that I'd be able to differentiate the benefit of carbon seat stays unless I rode a bike for more than the few minutes I get as a test ride from the LBS.

    Any thoughts?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.