Bianchi or Trek

The Bianci is steel and the Trek is aluminium. Which do you prefer: relaxed ride or very stiff?

Super Speed 928 said:
Hey,
I am just wondering what do you guys think is better. The Trek 1,000 or the Bianchi Brava:confused:
Trek comes with a lifetime warranty. Worth considering, and I know they honor it.

If choosing between just those 2, I'd go Bianchi, just so I didn't have to ride a TREK.

I'd go for the Bianchi.

IMO, I'd think higher of you for riding a Bianchi instead of a Lance brand Trek

Super Speed 928 said:
I am just wondering what do you guys think is better. The Trek 1,000 or the Bianchi Brava:confused:
FWIW. I don't know anyone who regrets buying a Bianchi ...

And, years later, I know some people who have bought other bikes -- from Raleigh to Bob Jackson -- in the past who now wish that their "extra" bike in their garage was THAT comparable-level Bianchi they had concurrently considered way-back-when.

alfeng said:
FWIW. I don't know anyone who regrets buying a Bianchi ...

And, years later, I know some people who have bought other bikes -- from Raleigh to Bob Jackson -- in the past who now wish that their "extra" bike in their garage was THAT comparable-level Bianchi they had concurrently considered way-back-when.
You can count me amongst them... :)
Now I'm jealous because my wife's got a Bianchi (albeit 'only' an ML3) and I haven't. I have a plan though - I've bought some Bianchi stickers off Ebay.

I couldn't afford a Bianchi, so I went with a C'dale. I would take the Bianchi. Nothing against Trek really, but we are talking about a Bianchi!

graphixgeek said:
I couldn't afford a Bianchi, so I went with a C'dale. I would take the Bianchi. Nothing against Trek really, but we are talking about a Bianchi!
I agree, even though most of them are made in Taiwan these days, I understand, just like everyone else's frames...
I've always loved the colour, and that was re-awakened last year when I went to the Paris bicycle show and saw a pair of Coppi's original bikes from the early fifties – unrestored and absolutely gorgeous. I want...

Eastway82 said:
I agree, even though most of them are made in Taiwan these days, I understand, just like everyone else's frames...
I've always loved the colour, and that was re-awakened last year when I went to the Paris bicycle show and saw a pair of Coppi's original bikes from the early fifties – unrestored and absolutely gorgeous. I want...
Not so, my Bianchi hybrid has an Italian hand made Alu frame. Just love it!

Buy the one that fits you best and gives you the best ride.

(But if it came down to a coin toss, I'd go with Italian steel.)

One of Coppi's bikes can be seen here, along with a few other stunning vintage bikes. I'd kill for that 1949 Bianchi...or the 1935 Umberto Dei. Dig the tricolore paint job!

Between the two, I would go for the Trek 1000.
I know this forum has a negative sentiment towards Trek.
Perhaps because of their flooding the market.

However, IMO a cheap Bianchi is just that...;)

Go for the Trek 1000.
It is alot of bike for the price...:D

OK, the count so far goes...

Sane people recommending an italian legend 10.

Insane whacko saying to go the toyota of bikes 1.

:D

fauxpas said:
OK, the count so far goes...

Sane people recommending an italian legend 10.

Insane whacko saying to go the toyota of bikes 1.

:D
Toyota? How about the Fosters or Budweiser of bikes. :D

sogood said:
Not so, my Bianchi hybrid has an Italian hand made Alu frame. Just love it!

Sorry, I stand corrected - but was talking to an Ex-Bianchi dealer the other day who reckoned that only the real high end stuff was actually made in the Bianchi factory in Italy these days. He also said there was a big cage out the back of the factory where they dump all of the old prototypes and team bikes, and that's where they stay. Now I would love a five-minute trolley dash round there... :)

Eastway82 said:
Sorry, I stand corrected - but was talking to an Ex-Bianchi dealer the other day who reckoned that only the real high end stuff was actually made in the Bianchi factory in Italy these days. He also said there was a big cage out the back of the factory where they dump all of the old prototypes and team bikes, and that's where they stay. Now I would love a five-minute trolley dash round there... :)
Well, I am sure more and more, Bianchi will move their lower and mid-range manufacturing to places in Asia. But for the 2006 model I have, it's still hand made in Italy. It says so on the decal, so I believe it. :)

I am not sure what the story is in the US. I understand that Bianchi USA runs their own model range. Maybe they have more cheapies for US consumers... Hehe!

i own a Bianchi Liquigas and love it.

i feel better buying something that is hand made in Italy rather than something that is mass manufactured god knows where...