Bianchi Owners please step forward

Thanks, but I most likely need a 57cm. Though I have never been properly fitted. I am a hair over 6'.

Like I said before, stay away from Bianchi. They have lousy customer communication. They will send you what they have, not what you need. They don't even offer you a choice on what they will send you. The guy at your store just wants to clear out his inventory. Until you actually deal with a warranty problem from a bike manufacture, you don't really know what they are like. There are too many good bikes out there to have to settle for a Bianchi. Check into Calfee bikes, I have heard nothing but good on the way they treat their customers.

I have a 2000 Bianchi SL Alloy (AL) with Campy Daytona. It's been a great bike. I previously had a steel Bianchi. Both in Celeste. You either love it or hate it. I enjoy it because I've only seen two others in all the rides that I've done.

Recently my bike was stolen and recovered. I thought I would replace it with a Boron or a different steel frame and move on from Al. I looked at Ciocc and really liked them.

I think it just comes down to your personal preference.

A lot depends on your weight and type of rider. A Bianchi EV4 is fine for a 140lb climber but a 185lb sprinter won't be as happy.

I have a 1998 Bianchi Boron 59cm. I love this bike - rides smooth and very responsive. Steel has a great feel not harsh like AL, not dead like carbon, and much cheaper than Ti. I have not had any issues with cracks and at 200 lbs I'm not a light rider. Bianchi will stand behind their product and warrenty if it is a manufactures defect. If you damage the frame in a crash forget about a free replacement (this is true for most companies). The color gets respect from those in the know, you love it or hate Bianchi's celeste color.

Good luck in your decision.

I have a 1992 Bianchi Premio 55cm. It was my first road bike and now serves as a training and tour bike. Its not comparable to the Reparto Corsa steel frames as far as weight and is probably more durable. I have looked at the Boron frames and would have no reservations about another Bianchi. Several of our club members ride Bianchi with no complaints. One nice thing is they do have English bottom brackets. I believe most other Italian frames like Pegorettis, Pineralloes and such have Italian BB's. Just personal preference I guess but its one less thing I have to worry about creaking or coming loose. To tell the truth I would sell my Trek 5200 before my old steel Premio. No celeste for me though, I've got dark green and it may get powder coated yellow/black.