Bianchi Pista in Aus ??

gravelmuncher

Aug 14, 2003
Always thought about giving the track a shot - until I saw the Bianchi Pista on a USA site. Man, i'm in love with that bike....SOO retro !

So, yeah. I'm no longer thinking about giving the track a shot. If someone can tell me how I can get my hands on one of those babies - i'm DEFINATELY gonna give the track a shot. I took a look into Bikesportz (Bianchi importer) but they had no track bikes on their site. I'm just out of Sydney, if that helps my cause at all.

??? ...can't sleep....must have cool old school Bianchi....???

Now, in saying all this - if anyone has a cool old track bike, which happens to be a big one, (i'm 194cm, with bugger-all idea on sizing) that they'd like to sell, i'd be well interested.

gm

Just got back from the UCI World Cup held at the Dunc Gray Velodrome. Saw one team (?Drapac Porsche team) running with Bianchi track bikes. Maybe you can grab a second hand one at the end of the meet. ;) :rolleyes:

gravelmuncher said:
Always thought about giving the track a shot - until I saw the Bianchi Pista on a USA site. Man, i'm in love with that bike....SOO retro !

So, yeah. I'm no longer thinking about giving the track a shot. If someone can tell me how I can get my hands on one of those babies - i'm DEFINATELY gonna give the track a shot. I took a look into Bikesportz (Bianchi importer) but they had no track bikes on their site. I'm just out of Sydney, if that helps my cause at all.

??? ...can't sleep....must have cool old school Bianchi....???

Now, in saying all this - if anyone has a cool old track bike, which happens to be a big one, (i'm 194cm, with bugger-all idea on sizing) that they'd like to sell, i'd be well interested.

gm
The Drapac-Porsche team mentioned by sogood are using BT frames painted "Celeste" to look like Bianchis :eek: (unless something has changed that I have missed)

The chrome-plated, steel-framed Bianchi Pista (great bike for track or for road-fixie) is not available here YET! I've been told by the guys at Bikesportz that they are looking at bringing in a few sometime in the future. In the meantime, they may do a special order by airfreight (if you ask real nice), but you'd probably have to be prepared to pay a bit extra for ordering a one-off by airfreight.

Go see your local Bianchi dealer (or me! bikes can be posted:D ) and tell 'em to ring Ray at Bikesportz.

Jack-o

www.trackgear.com.au

Jack-o said:
The Drapac-Porsche team mentioned by sogood are using BT frames painted "Celeste" to look like Bianchis :eek: (unless something has changed that I have missed)
Well, I am not familiar with those frames. But the carbon track bike frame they used had a darker shade of celeste (if you can still call it celeste) and has big Bianchi labels on the down tubes. I doubt they would do that if it isn't a real Bianchi. Otherwise it's paired with white carbon disc Campagnolo wheels. The colour coordination sure looked weird.

sogood said:
Well, I am not familiar with those frames. But the carbon track bike frame they used had a darker shade of celeste (if you can still call it celeste) and has big Bianchi labels on the down tubes. I doubt they would do that if it isn't a real Bianchi. Otherwise it's paired with white carbon disc Campagnolo wheels. The colour coordination sure looked weird.
Darker shade of celeste?....definately repainted BTs. My semi-educated guess is that when the Drapac team started being sponsored by Bianchi, they only made an alloy track frame. In the interest of giving the riders the best equipment available it would have been agreed that they would re-paint the teams exsisting carbon BT frames.

Bianchi now do a carbon track frame (notable because it's black with celeste stickers) but they have been in short supply so, probably, they havn't been able to get enough for the team yet.

Jack-o

www.trackgear.com.au

The bike refered to at the World cup is definately a BT, just as the Netherlands 'Koga' is also a BT.

Jack-o said:
Darker shade of celeste?....definately repainted BTs. My semi-educated guess is that when the Drapac team started being sponsored by Bianchi, they only made an alloy track frame. In the interest of giving the riders the best equipment available it would have been agreed that they would re-paint the teams exsisting carbon BT frames.

Bianchi now do a carbon track frame (notable because it's black with celeste stickers) but they have been in short supply so, probably, they havn't been able to get enough for the team yet.

Jack-o

www.trackgear.com.au

I can confirm that they are repainted BT frames...