bianchi quality

ilovestacy

Jan 23, 2005
hi guys/gals. i am just interested if there are any thoughts on bianchi's quality. i have heard some talk of their quality falling. i went to two stores today each with very differing oppinions of bianchi's quality, and they both sold them! how long is the warranty on one of their steel frame bikes? will it last. any other problems. which would last longer a giro or say a virata or boron. just want longevity in my bike. thanks everyone. -pc

ilovestacy said:
i have heard some talk of their quality falling. i went to two stores today each with very differing oppinions of bianchi's quality, and they both sold them! how long is the warranty on one of their steel frame bikes? will it last. any other problems. which would last longer a giro or say a virata or boron. just want longevity in my bike. thanks everyone. -pc
Want durability? Don't buy the light stuff.

boudreaux said:
Want durability? Don't buy the light stuff.
a) i am asking is these specific frames durable
b) where is the balance between the two oposing forces

how many years (roughly obviously) can i get out of them. what about the 04 boron?
thanks

ilovestacy said:
a)

how many years (roughly obviously) can i get out of them. what about the 04 boron?
thanks
As a garage ornament or being ridden by a 225 pound masher. The questionhas no answer. Check Bianchi for warranty.

I recently bought my first Bianchi and the quality seems to be great. I don't think I will be having any problems with this bike.

kevinmcdade said:
I recently bought my first Bianchi and the quality seems to be great. I don't think I will be having any problems with this bike.
you dont sell bikes for that long if your quality is bad.

pase said:
you dont sell bikes for that long if your quality is bad.
i know you don't stay in business long without good quality, ive just heard it lessening. also i hear that the only stuff to buy is coming out of asia (hardly romantic) and not the reparto course stuff. makes me a little cautious to buy the boron( assuming i can find one) since i believe it is out of the reparto course. -pc

...quality "lessening" is subjective. Premature frame or wheelset failures? Bad fit and finish? Poor gruppo performance? I would like to see or hear exactly what that means. I too just bought a new Bianchi and the thing seems perfect...flawless...so don't understand that statement and until shown some actual failures or evidence of poor workmanship, I perceive any reference of that nature to be a myth.
George

ilovestacy said:
i know you don't stay in business long without good quality, ive just heard it lessening. also i hear that the only stuff to buy is coming out of asia (hardly romantic) and not the reparto course stuff. makes me a little cautious to buy the boron( assuming i can find one) since i believe it is out of the reparto course. -pc
The Asain stuff is designed in Italy.If the design is poor it's still ****.

biker7 said:
... I too just bought a new Bianchi and the thing seems perfect...flawless...so don't understand that statement and until shown some actual failures or evidence of poor workmanship,
You can tell by looking at a finished product that it is poorly designed,the butting may be too agressive,the tubing drawn too thin,and it my fail prematurely?? LOL... :rolleyes:

campy groupos will not fail, campy wheels won't either. both of those are relatively strong. i am worried about the frame. i am 190 lbs, and want a steel frame that is going to out live me like they shuold, and also be racing geometry. is the eros a racing geometry? quality??? thanks guys.

ilovestacy said:
i am 190 lbs, and want a steel frame that is going to out live me like they shuold, and also be racing geometry. is the eros a racing geometry? quality??? thanks guys.
Then don't buy a xl boron. The Eros is stout enough stuff. Why don't you check the Bianchi site. www.bianchiusa.com

i couldnt find warranty info on their site. is the eros racy? or is there another bike i should look at in the steel range. also no one has answered how long i could expect out of say a giro. thanks. pc

ilovestacy said:
.... also no one has answered how long i could expect out of say a giro. thanks. pc
Well, anyone that gives you an answer would just be slinging BS. The Bianchi site has geometry charts.

boudreaux why don't you post some pics of all the failed Bianchi frames out there...especially the steel ones...lol. And Ils...in life there are few guarantees.
I too weigh 190 lbs and a steel fatigue or precipitous frame failure is the last thing I worrry about. Who ever is telling you that Bianchi quality has declined by having their product manufactured in Asia is blowing smoke. Ask "to see the failures" they are referencing. Almost all major bike manufacturers today are having their bikes made in Asia due to the unbeatable cost to quality ratio. Asia manufacturers the highest quality products in the world. Bianchi quality with their bikes made in Asia is likely better than anything that ever came of Italy. You will be hard pressed to prove which is better as Bianchi steel frames in particular rarely fail...certainly among club riders that don't load the frame the way racers do. I will be convinced of the converse only if you show me proof. Anecdotal heresay is just tripe and watercooler gossip.
George

biker7 said:
boudreaux why don't you post some pics of all the failed Bianchi frames out there...especially the steel ones...lol. And Ils...in life there are few guarantees.
I too weigh 190 lbs and a steel fatigue or precipitous frame failure is the last thing I worrry about.
No need for pics Georgie.Anyone that has been around more than a few months is well aware of the issues of many past and sometimes current Bianchi frames. The issue with the xl boron was 'fixed' by extending to warranty to lifetime. If you are the original owner,your are covered,but there is still the inconvenience factor and problems trying to sell a used one. FWIW, there are also frames that aren't recommended for a 190 pounder.

a pretty good contingent of Bianchi owners on this forum borey. Can't wait for the flood gate of failures to come forward. Still waiting on your pics.
George

biker7 said:
a pretty good contingent of Bianchi owners on this forum borey. Can't wait for the flood gate of failures to come forward. Still waiting on your pics.
George
Well Georgie, even an a$$hat would recognize the lameness of asking for pictures....LOL

you know the rules borey...no name calling. When you want to vent all that bottled up anger which you have more of than anybody on what is otherwise a peaceful forum among fellow cycle enthusiasts, at least try to be more artful... in the name of Bianchi...the most venerated of all celebrated bike manufacturers. I have it on pretty good authority that every single aluminum Canondale out there has cracked. But, I don't have any pictures so you will have to take my word on it...lol.
BTW, are you a member of the flat earth society?
George