Bianchi Sport SX

pedalfaster12

Sep 2, 2010
Anybody know anything about the Bianchi Sport SX? I've found one for sale, they are asking 300 for it, its a late 80's and looks like its in good condition. I can't find anything on this model put out by Bianchi. 300 seems a bit high for a late 80's road bike, unless it's a really nice frame. Any thoughts from folks more familiar with Bianchis product line appreciated.

What components does the bike have?

Posting pictures will go a long way toward assessing the bike's possible value (+/-).

This is the exact model I purchased new in 1987. Celeste Green with Shimano Exage components. IIRC the rear shifter was a click shift and the front was friction. The tires that came on it were miniscule 700x19mm. I put a ton of km on that bike in 87 and 88. I am pretty sure that the purchase price was around CDN$650 from a LBS.

It was a great bike and I am sorry I sold it after life interfered. No where near top of the line but a decent bike.

The frame was made in Japan but I never had any issues with it. Frame was around 19lbs.

i purchased a bianchi sport sx the last year it was made in japan. there were some problems, the paint job was not very durable & the rear wheel would not stay true until i relaced with dt spokes. at this time sheldon brown was truing my wheels. the bikeis fun to ride, i set it up with 12 speed half step gearing. i paid about $660 for it, must of the componentry was indexed suntour. someone on this site stated that they had a celeste green bianchi. i had a lot of trouble with what the bianchi team color is called. it is greenish, is called celeste, not celeste green. at one time if you wanted a bianchi in the team colors you had to buy one made in italy. one poster said that is no longer case which i feel has cheapend the celeste bianchis . bianchi is onde the legendary bike manufactures being in the business over 100 years.

Hello how are you. Do you know anythink about bianchi strada sx? I try found year made and if the frame is racing touring or sporting. What size crank and freewheel is half step. What is the best gearing setup for bike trail with 900 feet elevation