Bianchi Vigorelli Red Touch-up Paint

Peregrine Maitland

Guest
How can I get some touch-up paint that matches the red of my Vigorelli.

TIA

PM

On Aug 1, 8:01 pm, "Peregrine Maitland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> How can I get some touch-up paint that matches the red of my Vigorelli.
>
> TIA
>
> PM

Take the bike to an automotive body shop, they can match the paint.

wrote:
> How can I get some touch-up paint that matches the red of my Vigorelli.

If they're small nicks, then either nail polish or Testor's model
paint from the hobby store will work fine.

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:06:12 -0700, Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Take the bike to an automotive body shop, they can match the paint.

An Auto parts store can pull out their color book... but the minimum
buy is a quart at about $20. You might be able to find a better price
in the touch up paints at the same store if they have a good selection
of those.

Peregrine Maitland wrote:
> How can I get some touch-up paint that matches the red of my Vigorelli.

Roll your bike up to the nail polish counter at a drugstore. Seriously
it's great quality with an exceptional range of reds. (Black and chrome
now, too!)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Peregrine Maitland wrote:
> How can I get some touch-up paint that matches the red of my Vigorelli.

Get a child's wax crayon the same colour or slightly darker than the
paint, and rub it into the chip or scratch, polishing off any excess
with a cloth. Car dealers do it and it lasts much longer than you might
expect.

On Aug 2, 8:32 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:06:12 -0700, Ozark Bicycle
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Take the bike to an automotive body shop, they can match the paint.

> An Auto parts store can pull out their color book... but the minimum
> buy is a quart at about $20. You might be able to find a better price
> in the touch up paints at the same store if they have a good selection
> of those.

Maybe, maybe not. All in all, the "one quart minimum" at a parts store
or body shop (the better choice, IMO) ain't all that bad for an exact
match.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Aug 2, 8:32 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:06:12 -0700, Ozark Bicycle
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >Take the bike to an automotive body shop, they can match the paint.

> > An Auto parts store can pull out their color book... but the minimum
> > buy is a quart at about $20. You might be able to find a better price
> > in the touch up paints at the same store if they have a good selection
> > of those.

> Maybe, maybe not. All in all, the "one quart minimum" at a parts store
> or body shop (the better choice, IMO) ain't all that bad for an exact
> match.

I have had good luck looking at nail polish, including dragging a frame
into the store to match it up. Huge number of colors,lots of metallics.