Bianchi Volpe or Trek 520?

Lizbids

Dec 13, 2006
Hey folks, I'm new to touring. After some research, the Bianchi Volpe and Trek 520 come to mind...I would like for any advice on the bikes. The Volpe is less expensive, but the Trek is also within my price range. Obviously I'll have to be fitted and see if the bikes would work out (I'm 5'4'', 130lbs, soon to be less).

Bianchi's site says that the Volpe can support a fully-loaded tour, which I intend to do...for about 8 weeks. Any advice/suggestions before I hit up my LBS??? :confused:

Thanks!

How about the Jamis Aurora http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/07_bikes/aurora.html

Lizbids said:
Hey folks, I'm new to touring. After some research, the Bianchi Volpe and Trek 520 come to mind...I would like for any advice on the bikes. The Volpe is less expensive, but the Trek is also within my price range. Obviously I'll have to be fitted and see if the bikes would work out (I'm 5'4'', 130lbs, soon to be less).

Bianchi's site says that the Volpe can support a fully-loaded tour, which I intend to do...for about 8 weeks. Any advice/suggestions before I hit up my LBS??? :confused:

Thanks!