Bianchi warranty department

Ralph Ray

Jun 26, 2003
I thought I would let you all know how Bianchi handles their warranties. My 94 Bianchi Alfana's head tube seperated right above the bottom lug. I had a little over 37,000 miles on it. Well I sent it in for warranty adjustment. It was a size 58cm. I also sent them a copy of the receipt and a copy of the lifetime warranty in owners manuel. Well they sent me a 57cm instead of a 59cm. Their 57cm has a 55.5 top tube. Too short for me. I called them and asked why they didn't send the bigger size. They said they didn't have any steel bikes in 59 in stock. Instead of sending you what you need they will send you what they want. He said they could send me a 59 in aluminum but it would cost extra. So the next time you decide to buy a new bike, better find out how they handle warranty claims. I can't beleive a big company like Bianchi couldn't come up with a steel model frame to fit me. I sold it on e-bay the following week. No more Bianchi's for me. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Originally posted by Ralph Ray
I thought I would let you all know how Bianchi handles their warranties. My 94 Bianchi Alfana's head tube seperated right above the bottom lug. I had a little over 37,000 miles on it. Well I sent it in for warranty adjustment. It was a size 58cm. I also sent them a copy of the receipt and a copy of the lifetime warranty in owners manuel. Well they sent me a 57cm instead of a 59cm. Their 57cm has a 55.5 top tube. Too short for me. I called them and asked why they didn't send the bigger size. They said they didn't have any steel bikes in 59 in stock. Instead of sending you what you need they will send you what they want. He said they could send me a 59 in aluminum but it would cost extra. So the next time you decide to buy a new bike, better find out how they handle warranty claims. I can't beleive a big company like Bianchi couldn't come up with a steel model frame to fit me. I sold it on e-bay the following week. No more Bianchi's for me. Anyone else have a similar problem?

No but this story ****** me off so bad i am send Biachi an Email with a link to this thread on your behalf.

Doesn't suprise me a bit!

Little if no input from anyone at Bianchi!!

I have a 95' Campione, but will be purchasing a 2004 non-Bianchi very soon!

There are so many road bikes that offer so much better value that Bianchi.

The current Bianchi is not the Bianchi of the past!

The older steel lugged Bianchi were really nice bikes. All the steel models seems to be welded at the joints instead of lugged anymore. I think they just want to compete with the depatment stores now. I really liked the old SLX lugged frame Bianchi's. They had some class. Thanks for all your input. I guess that's why I like my Gianni Motta. Made in Italy, lugged frame, Columbus SL tubing and chromed fork and rear triangle.......Pure Italian!

Originally posted by Ralph Ray
The older steel lugged Bianchi were really nice bikes. All the steel models seems to be welded at the joints instead of lugged anymore. I think they just want to compete with the depatment stores now. I really liked the old SLX lugged frame Bianchi's. They had some class. Thanks for all your input. I guess that's why I like my Gianni Motta. Made in Italy, lugged frame, Columbus SL tubing and chromed fork and rear triangle.......Pure Italian!

I have a cracked 2001 SL Alloy frame with a crack at the head tube and down tube meet. My LBS has had it for over three weeks, with no reply. They tell me that a rep. needs to come in and look at it. When the crack is as plain as day.?
Wish me luck, and does any one have a 47cm -49cm non -Bianchi for sale to hold me over?

Not sure how you made out with your SL, but this is my 2002 SL Lite Alloy. This was a "lifetime" warranty replacement for my Columbus SBX with the snapped chainstay. Looks like a clear defect at the bottom bracket TIG weld.