Bib Knicks Or Shorts?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by senator52, Feb 3, 2007.

1. senator52

senator52 New Member

Haven't yet bought any cycling clothing and was looking at Bib Knicks and Shorts...Bib Knicks are more expensive generally about an extra 1/3 of the price of shorts. Just wondering if they are worth the extra outlay? No brands in mind as of yet, ideas for low(er) end brands? Thanks:)

Tags:

2. capwater

capwater New Member

Bibs all the way, huge comfort advantage. Search the forum, loads of debate previously.

3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Personal preference, bibs are more popular.

Bibs eliminate the elastic around the waist and for some prevent the need to wax your bum.

I have a larger upper body and the bibs don't fit correclty over the shoulders and the elastic doesn't bother me, so I go for the shorts.

If $$$ is a problem, look at getting them mail order, www.probikekit.com comes to mind, someone else can suggest some more sites.

4. arbie

arbie New Member

personally speaking i wont buy another pair of 'normal' cycling shorts. bib-shorts are so much more comfortable... i think they're definately worth the extra cash. as already mentioned, shorts are a personal thing, but i don't think it's a place to go for the cheapest option. if you're going to be in the saddle for hours, you don't want to be uncomfortable! i love pearl izumi kit - catch it in the sale if you can.

5. mark higgins

mark higgins New Member

Just wondering by the wording if you mean 3/4 knicks or shorts both in bibs? If so shorts and a pair of knee warmers. If it is as everyone else seems to think then definately bib shorts. Buy the best you can afford, mainly to get a better quality chamois(pad). I just got a pair of Giordana tenax 413 shorts. Perfect and half the price of Assos(still the best but expensive!). About £54 in the UK(100USD).