Bib Question

Randybaker99

Nov 13, 2003
I just bought my first bib-style cycling shorts, and now I want to avoid an embarrassing faux-pax. Do the shoulder strap go under the jersey or over?

Originally posted by Randybaker99
I just bought my first bib-style cycling shorts, and now I want to avoid an embarrassing faux-pax. Do the shoulder strap go under the jersey or over?

I figure asking the question was embarassing enough you. Under the jersey. :D

Originally posted by Randybaker99

When you see the straps 'over' it's normally a T-shirt.

Never EVER wear the straps over the jersey!!! Oh well... Good thing you asked! ;)

Originally posted by meehs
Never EVER wear the straps over the jersey!!! Oh well... Good thing you asked! ;)

Agreed!! Glad you asked :) !! AND never just the bibs. Saw a dude with bibs and no jersey the other day....just pedaling down the road like nothing was amiss!! Had a good chuckle.

Originally posted by ccorrick
Agreed!! Glad you asked :) !! AND never just the bibs. Saw a dude with bibs and no jersey the other day....just pedaling down the road like nothing was amiss!! Had a good chuckle.

Well, you will be glad to know that I wore them today - under the jersey, so the faux pax was averted!

Actually, if I had just tried it both ways I would have realized the absurdity of my question...

Originally posted by drewski
over the jersey help prevent stuff from coming out of the pockets.
Yeah, and wearing you briefs over your jeans will provide the same benefit... silly is silly, my friend!

:)

Originally posted by ccorrick

Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times before too. What a nice look! I'm not sure which is worse... Bibs over the jersey or no jersey at all, just the bibs. Both are pretty bad!

Originally posted by lokstah
Yeah, and wearing you briefs over your jeans will provide the same benefit... silly is silly, my friend!

:)

Hahaha! Well put!

Im curious as to what people wear under the bib. Do pros go commando style? Does everyone?

JamLo21 said:
Im curious as to what people wear under the bib. Do pros go commando style? Does everyone?

Commando. Maybe add some Body Glide (or even a little vaseline) if it is really hot out.

Of course all these people are trying to mislead you for laughs, they go over the jersey. As for the undies keeping things in your pockets when worn over your jeans, seems like a great idea, will it work with my boxers or is this just for tighty-wearers? :confused:

JamLo21 said:
Nothing but the naked true, as 93% of cyclist as I see once in another poll

Just a recap: Jersey goes over the bib, under layer goes under the jersey, and nothing goes under the bib shorts, except maybe some chamois creme.

SF_Vitus said:
Just a recap: Jersey goes over the bib, under layer goes under the jersey, and nothing goes under the bib shorts, except maybe some chamois creme.

When I have a lightweight undershirt on, it now goes under the bib straps for maximum comfort.

ccorrick said:

I see them and with the helmet on the bars.