Bib shorts: Euro sizing of Castelli/Nalini/Santini

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected]du, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Hello

    just wanted to see what other people wear in terms of sizes , who are a
    size 34 inch waist, if they wear Santini, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, or
    Nalini bib shorts. From my experience with Euro brands, most are sized
    on the slim size, some much slimmer (like Sportful ). Usually the size
    tag is wrong when they describe what chest/wasit size would fit a
    person. So if you are 34 inch waist and wear any of the brands
    mentioned above, please let me know what size in the brand would have
    the best fit. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    [email protected] wrote in news:1145042815.695031.99920
    @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    > just wanted to see what other people wear in terms of sizes , who are a
    > size 34 inch waist, if they wear Santini, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, or
    > Nalini bib shorts. From my experience with Euro brands, most are sized
    > on the slim size, some much slimmer (like Sportful ). Usually the size
    > tag is wrong when they describe what chest/wasit size would fit a
    > person.

    I don't have any Sportful shorts, but I've found their jerseys to be roomier
    than Santini or Castelli. I guess you just need to try them on and see how
    they fit your body.

    Regarding bibs, I wear a medium Pearl Izumi and a large Castelli and Nalini.
    Pearl Izumi's size chart says medium=32-34" waist. Most Euro size charts
    call this a size large. You also need to consider your torso height when
    buying bibs, else the straps may be much too tight.

  3. [email protected] wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > just wanted to see what other people wear in terms of sizes , who are a
    > size 34 inch waist, if they wear Santini, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, or
    > Nalini bib shorts. From my experience with Euro brands, most are sized
    > on the slim size, some much slimmer (like Sportful ). Usually the size
    > tag is wrong when they describe what chest/wasit size would fit a
    > person. So if you are 34 inch waist and wear any of the brands
    > mentioned above, please let me know what size in the brand would have
    > the best fit. Thanks.

    Castelli bibs size 6 fit me well. I'm 6'3" 225lbs. 34" waist.

    Joseph