bib size

Raptor

Guest
WCP is blowing out last year's team wear. I bought a couple bib shorts for $19.95 each. Sizes are
limited, so I got XLs (Rabobank and iBenesto.com). They also have Bonjour, CA and Fr. de Jeux.

I've got a pretty large chest, a 33-inch waist and sprinter's thighs. Having never worn bib shorts
(but heard many times here that they're da bomb), I'm wondering if I just wasted my money?

Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Why can this president not seem to see that America's
true power lies not in its will to intimidate, but in its ability to inspire?" Senator Robert Byrd

The price is alright and the size will be fine. But unless you've worn bibs before you probably
shouldn't have bought a whole lot of them. Depending on your build they can be more comfortable or a
whole lot less comfortable when they pull on your shoulders. I wouldn't worry about it though. Most
people with fairly narrow hips that aren't especially tall like them.

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> WCP is blowing out last year's team wear. I bought a couple bib
shorts
> for $19.95 each. Sizes are limited, so I got XLs (Rabobank and iBenesto.com). They also have
> Bonjour, CA and Fr. de Jeux.
>
> I've got a pretty large chest, a 33-inch waist and sprinter's
thighs.
> Having never worn bib shorts (but heard many times here that they're
da
> bomb), I'm wondering if I just wasted my money?

> Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Why can this president not seem to see that
> America's true power lies not in its will to intimidate, but in its ability to inspire?" Senator
> Robert Byrd

news:<[email protected]>...
> The price is alright and the size will be fine. But unless you've worn bibs before you probably
> shouldn't have bought a whole lot of them. Depending on your build they can be more comfortable or
> a whole lot less comfortable when they pull on your shoulders. I wouldn't worry about it though.
> Most people with fairly narrow hips that aren't especially tall like them.
>

> "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > WCP is blowing out last year's team wear. I bought a couple bib
> shorts
> > for $19.95 each. Sizes are limited, so I got XLs (Rabobank and iBenesto.com). They also have
> > Bonjour, CA and Fr. de Jeux.
> >
> > I've got a pretty large chest, a 33-inch waist and sprinter's
> thighs.
> > Having never worn bib shorts (but heard many times here that they're
> da
> > bomb), I'm wondering if I just wasted my money?
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Why can this president not seem to see that
> > America's true power lies not in its will to intimidate, but in its ability to inspire?" Senator
> > Robert Byrd

bibs == non-dork euro team clothing == extreme dork

I know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat. 4.
Sorry dude. At least you bought bib shorts. That is a step in the right direction. You may look like
a tool but at least your crack won't be showing.

Deeznuts

Deeznuts wrote:
> bibs == non-dork euro team clothing == extreme dork
>
> I know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat. 4.
> Sorry dude. At least you bought bib shorts. That is a step in the right direction. You may look
> like a tool but at least your crack won't be showing.
>
> Deeznuts

:) I'm cat 4 only in my dreams. (I thought I got myself in pretty
good shape last year; did a full flatland century with much of it well over 20mph. Thought about
racing once or twice and dreamed of kicking cat 5 ass.)

Really, I started wearing real jerseys on bike rides just last year. Prior to that, T-shirts
(usually with volleyball themes, collected in tournament after tournament) were the mode.

Perhaps I will add a kilt to cover the Euro logos.

Oh, I was a serious racer when I was a young boy. I've still got the old Renault jersey, but it
seems to have plasticized over the decades.

What the hell am I doing in a bike racing newsgroup anyway?

Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Why can this president not seem to see that America's
true power lies not in its will to intimidate, but in its ability to inspire?" Senator Robert Byrd

[email protected] (Deeznuts) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > The price is alright and the size will be fine. But unless you've worn bibs before you probably
> > shouldn't have bought a whole lot of them. Depending on your build they can be more comfortable
> > or a whole lot less comfortable when they pull on your shoulders. I wouldn't worry about it
> > though. Most people with fairly narrow hips that aren't especially tall like them.
> >

> > "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > WCP is blowing out last year's team wear. I bought a couple bib
> shorts
> > > for $19.95 each. Sizes are limited, so I got XLs (Rabobank and iBenesto.com). They also have
> > > Bonjour, CA and Fr. de Jeux.
> > >
> > > I've got a pretty large chest, a 33-inch waist and sprinter's
> thighs.
> > > Having never worn bib shorts (but heard many times here that they're
> da
> > > bomb), I'm wondering if I just wasted my money?
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Why can this president not seem to see that
> > > America's true power lies not in its will to intimidate, but in its ability to inspire?"
> > > Senator Robert Byrd
> > >

> bibs == non-dork euro team clothing == extreme dork
>
> I know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat. 4.
> Sorry dude. At least you bought bib shorts. That is a step in the right direction. You may look
> like a tool but at least your crack won't be showing.
>
> Deeznuts

Wearing teams kits is very "EURO". I started wearing them after a trip to Italy and saw almost
everyone on a bike wearing team kits. I was able to buy them at about half the price than they are
here in the USA.

Bill Fasula

Originally posted by Deeznuts
[BI know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat. 4.
Deeznuts [/B]

It's completely acceptable to wear team gear, everyone here does it unless they're in a club or sponsored.

The real sin is the number of losers who wear a jersey they haven;t earned (ie. green jersey with PMU on it, Yelllow US Postal jersey, world champions jersey).

Was riding a bunch the other day and saw a fat bloke going backwards as we went up the hill - wearing a spotted jersey. Wondered aloud whether his mates had bought it for a joke.

On 28 Mar 2003 09:00:11 +1050, Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:

>Deeznuts wrote:
> > [BI know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat.
> > 4. Deeznuts
>

>It's completely acceptable to wear team gear, everyone here does it unless they're in a club or
>sponsored.
>
>The real sin is the number of losers who wear a jersey they haven;t earned (ie. green jersey with
>PMU on it, Yelllow US Postal jersey, world champions jersey).

Reminded me of TdeF a couple of years ago when those fat guys came out the crowd at a mountain stage
finish wearing the leaders jerseys - funniest part was hearing Duffield on Eurosport falling for it.

Cheers! Stephen

Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 28 Mar 2003 09:00:11 +1050, Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Deeznuts wrote:
> > > [BI know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very
> > > cat. 4. Deeznuts
> >

> >It's completely acceptable to wear team gear, everyone here does it unless they're in a club or
> >sponsored.
> >
> >The real sin is the number of losers who wear a jersey they haven;t earned (ie. green jersey with
> >PMU on it, Yelllow US Postal jersey, world champions jersey).
> >
> Reminded me of TdeF a couple of years ago when those fat guys came out the crowd at a mountain
> stage finish wearing the leaders jerseys - funniest part was hearing Duffield on Eurosport
> falling for it.
>
> Cheers! Stephen

Instead of buying fan gear, apply that money to buying clothes from your local bike club. You don't
have to be a racer to join. Believe me, your local shop wants the signage & needs the signage. One
day the economics of the LBS won't work anymore and we'll be stuck buying everything online. Support
your local team or club. Remember, many pro teams in europe have massive amateur squads, so riders
you see on the road might be sporting actual colors.

-J.

"J. Chup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > >It's completely acceptable to wear team gear, everyone here does it unless they're in a club or
> > >sponsored.
> > >
> > >The real sin is the number of losers who wear a jersey they haven;t earned (ie. green jersey
> > >with PMU on it, Yelllow US Postal jersey,
world
> > >champions jersey).
> > >
> > Reminded me of TdeF a couple of years ago when those fat guys came out the crowd at a mountain
> > stage finish wearing the leaders jerseys - funniest part was hearing Duffield on Eurosport
> > falling for it.
> >
> > Cheers! Stephen
>
> Instead of buying fan gear, apply that money to buying clothes from your local bike club. You
> don't have to be a racer to join. Believe me, your local shop wants the signage & needs the
> signage. One day the economics of the LBS won't work anymore and we'll be stuck buying everything
> online. Support your local team or club. Remember, many pro teams in europe have massive amateur
> squads, so riders you see on the road might be sporting actual colors.

Sure, right, maybe when the LBS's start doing something for us, "stuck buying everything online" is
not a bad thing.

> -J.

[email protected] (Bill Fasula) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Deeznuts) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > The price is alright and the size will be fine. But unless you've worn bibs before you
> > > probably shouldn't have bought a whole lot of them. Depending on your build they can be more
> > > comfortable or a whole lot less comfortable when they pull on your shoulders. I wouldn't worry
> > > about it though. Most people with fairly narrow hips that aren't especially tall like them.

> shorts

> thighs.
> da

> > bibs == non-dork euro team clothing == extreme dork
> >
> > I know they were on sale but wearing team clothing for a team you never rode for is very cat. 4.
> > Sorry dude. At least you bought bib shorts. That is a step in the right direction. You may look
> > like a tool but at least your crack won't be showing.
> >
> > Deeznuts
>
> Wearing teams kits is very "EURO". I started wearing them after a trip to Italy and saw almost
> everyone on a bike wearing team kits. I was able to buy them at about half the price than they are
> here in the USA.
>
> Bill Fasula

Why the hell would anyone want to emulate euro-trash?

Deez