Bibra Lake TT (PER RR)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DeF, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Well, no one else has posted on this so...

    The Good Friday 16km Unofficial Championships
    were held on April 14th. Tricky conditions,
    a noticeable NE wind blowing which helped up
    the slight incline at the top of the course but
    sapped your energy turning into it after putting
    in down Progress Drive. Last year, 93 riders
    went better than their age standard, this year
    it was 81 (both out of around 150). Despite
    the conditions, a new tandem record was set.

    Two a.bers (that I know of) rode: me and Gumby
    and we both improved on our maiden ride from
    last year, Gumby by a huge 1m03s and me by 34s. I
    rode inside my age standard by 21s. Gumby nearly
    halved his age standard deficit compared with
    last year. We both improved our overall placing
    as well, which is nice. So that's three ITTs
    for me inside my age standard. I'm starting
    to think that the first time wasn't a fluke.
    I had harboured a hope of going under 25 minutes
    but I think the wind took care of that! Still,
    a new PB for me and a new best average speed for
    an ITT - over 38kph. Will I reach 40kph? It
    seems so close yet so far....

    All the results and a general report can be found at
    http://www.atta.asn.au

    Lots of pics at
    http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/c924200.html

    In particular, check out (DeF)
    http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031529.html
    and (Gumby)
    http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031531.html
    Nice arm warmers!

    I still have trouble getting comfortable on
    the aero bars (although it is getting better).
    I welcome any comments based on the picture above.

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

    Tags:

  2. Grazza

    Grazza Guest

    "DeF" <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well, no one else has posted on this so...
    >
    > The Good Friday 16km Unofficial Championships
    > were held on April 14th. Tricky conditions,
    > a noticeable NE wind blowing which helped up
    > the slight incline at the top of the course but
    > sapped your energy turning into it after putting
    > in down Progress Drive. Last year, 93 riders
    > went better than their age standard, this year
    > it was 81 (both out of around 150). Despite
    > the conditions, a new tandem record was set.
    >
    > Two a.bers (that I know of) rode: me and Gumby
    > and we both improved on our maiden ride from
    > last year, Gumby by a huge 1m03s and me by 34s. I
    > rode inside my age standard by 21s. Gumby nearly
    > halved his age standard deficit compared with
    > last year. We both improved our overall placing
    > as well, which is nice. So that's three ITTs
    > for me inside my age standard. I'm starting
    > to think that the first time wasn't a fluke.
    > I had harboured a hope of going under 25 minutes
    > but I think the wind took care of that! Still,
    > a new PB for me and a new best average speed for
    > an ITT - over 38kph. Will I reach 40kph? It
    > seems so close yet so far....
    >
    > All the results and a general report can be found at
    > http://www.atta.asn.au
    >
    > Lots of pics at
    > http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/c924200.html
    >
    > In particular, check out (DeF)
    > http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031529.html
    > and (Gumby)
    > http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031531.html
    > Nice arm warmers!
    >
    > I still have trouble getting comfortable on
    > the aero bars (although it is getting better).
    > I welcome any comments based on the picture above.
    >
    > DeF.

    Hi Duncan, sorry I missed you and Stephen (Gumby). Re Comrade Gumby, in my
    defence, I was probably dazzled by the brilliant red colour scheme! Or
    perhaps I mistook him for an old English post box on wheels!

    Quite pleased with my time, beating my age standard by 35 secs. I notice my
    times got quicker each lap, as I adjusted to the conditions and course. As
    one of the other riders said, riding a TT is a learned skill, so I felt like
    I was back in learning mode (after over 25 years away from TTs), and found
    the experience valuable. Good to have a time on the board to use as a
    baseline for future events. Re the wind, I prefered the NEasterly that was
    blowing to the gusty SWesterly on the Monday I trialled the 16km distance
    around the course on the previous Monday. It made the slight incline up Hope
    Rd a LOT more challenging. With the NE wind it was good to hit nearly
    50km/hr down the other side of the incline coming up to the left turn into
    Progress Dr.

    All in all, I KNOW I can go faster, I just need to be fitter, prepared to be
    more focused, and prepared to welcome more pain than I currently tolerate.
    Not that I'm competitive or anything like that! LOL

    My pic is http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/c924200.html. Notice the
    aerodynamic nose!

    Graeme

  3. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Grazza wrote:

    > "DeF" <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Well, no one else has posted on this so...
    >>
    >>-----SNIPPAGE----
    >>
    >>DeF.
    >>

    > Hi Duncan, sorry I missed you and Stephen (Gumby). Re Comrade Gumby, in my
    > defence, I was probably dazzled by the brilliant red colour scheme! Or
    > perhaps I mistook him for an old English post box on wheels!
    >
    > Quite pleased with my time, beating my age standard by 35 secs. I notice my
    > times got quicker each lap, as I adjusted to the conditions and course. As
    > one of the other riders said, riding a TT is a learned skill, so I felt like
    > I was back in learning mode (after over 25 years away from TTs), and found
    > the experience valuable. Good to have a time on the board to use as a
    > baseline for future events. Re the wind, I prefered the NEasterly that was
    > blowing to the gusty SWesterly on the Monday I trialled the 16km distance
    > around the course on the previous Monday. It made the slight incline up Hope
    > Rd a LOT more challenging. With the NE wind it was good to hit nearly
    > 50km/hr down the other side of the incline coming up to the left turn into
    > Progress Dr.
    >
    > All in all, I KNOW I can go faster, I just need to be fitter, prepared to be
    > more focused, and prepared to welcome more pain than I currently tolerate.
    > Not that I'm competitive or anything like that! LOL
    >
    > My pic is http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/c924200.html. Notice the
    > aerodynamic nose!
    >
    > Graeme

    Graeme, tried the link above and it points to the thumbnails - can you
    give the jpg file name?

    +35s is a great effort after returning to TTs. And yes, hitting 50
    plus around the top of the course was exhilerating. Are you doing
    the 20 at Wandi next month?

    DeF.

    --
    To reply, you'll need to remover finger.

  4. gumby

    gumby Guest

    112 104 Graeme B 05:55 11:20 11:03 28:18 34.1 +00:35 67

    What bike clothes are you wearing so we can see your resplendentness!?
    Or tell us the number of the photo.
    Gumby

  5. Grazza

    Grazza Guest

    "gumby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > 112 104 Graeme B 05:55 11:20 11:03 28:18 34.1 +00:35 67
    >
    > What bike clothes are you wearing so we can see your resplendentness!?
    > Or tell us the number of the photo.
    > Gumby

    Only kidding Gumby, your impecableness! *deep bow*

    http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031624.html

    I went and checked out the King's Pk TT course this morning. It'll be
    fun(?) going up that hill 4 times at speed! Road surface a bit rough in
    places but beautiful surroundings for a TT.

  6. Gumby

    Gumby Guest

    Grazza wrote:
    > "gumby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>112 104 Graeme B 05:55 11:20 11:03 28:18 34.1 +00:35 67
    >>
    >>What bike clothes are you wearing so we can see your resplendentness!?
    >>Or tell us the number of the photo.
    >>Gumby
    >>

    > Only kidding Gumby, your impecableness! *deep bow*
    >
    > http://petermeyer.fotopic.net/p28031624.html
    >
    > I went and checked out the King's Pk TT course this morning. It'll be
    > fun(?) going up that hill 4 times at speed! Road surface a bit rough in
    > places but beautiful surroundings for a TT.

    Nice colour bike, pity about the clothes colour. Red's where it's at,
    man. Nice bike there Grazza! And the position on the bike! Must be good
    to be able to bend over onto tri bars without a homebrew beer gut
    getting in the way. I never met a carbohydrate I didnt like.

    Kings Park is a fantastic place to ride a bike. All that history, the
    scenery, the ambience, the pain of heartbreak hill four times in a 16k tt.
    http://www.atta.asn.au/maps/KP.html
    Wintyer in the parks. Yes.