Bibs or shorts?

Bibs are way more comfortable in my opinion. Especially on longer rides.

Please don't ask if you're supposed to wear the bibs over or under your jersey!

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
Which do you guys prefer? and why?

Bibs, much more comfortable.

If you look back you'll see that this exact topic was discussed within the last month, hence the one poster's "not again"

Dean

A super quick nutshell explanation, below:

- bibs are less likely to shimmy beneath you; the straps contribute to a better fit by holding the chamois snugger to your body.

- the straps eliminate the need for a waistband, which is naturally a comfier setup. there's nothing cutting into your gut.

Per the other posters' suggestions, do a quick search; you'll find a couple of pretty detailed threads on this subject. Happy riding!

DeanC said:
If you look back you'll see that this exact topic was discussed within the last month, hence the one poster's "not again"
Actually that may not be that easy to find ( I was going to post the link to it last night). I've noticed that the search function of the forums has been buggered recently and it is a ****-shoot on whether it brings up all hits on search terms for key words. Very frusturating....

I recently tried bibs after riding only shorts for many years. They are much more comfortable for me, so far, especially on longer rides. (albeit I ended up with Pearl Izumi's Microsensor 3Ds that account for part of the increased comfort from a chamois that fits me better than most).
I was concerned about upper fit as I am somewhat barrel-chested but have found that not to be an issue.

Bee-obs, bee-obs, beeeee-obs!

Bibs are way more comfortable for the reasons lokstah mentions. After riding with shorts for years and not knowing that I had a problem, I tried bibs and will never go back. Even on very hot days, I just love my bibs.