Bibs vs casual commuting to work??

Sonssu

Mar 14, 2012
Hi guys! Do you guys prefer wear proper road bike bibs to casual commuting to work in ther morning? I often ride to work. It's about 9 miles very nice warm-up for morning:) But in a few months here it will be above 80 degrees and I will be sweating a lot! Obviously I don't wanna be sweaty at work but personally I only wear bibs for a long & proper ride such as race. What's your preference? How do you guys deal with outfits riding to work? Do you guys bring your clothes all the time? Sonssu

Sonssu said:
Do you guys prefer wear proper road bike bibs to casual commuting to work in ther morning? I often ride to work. It's about 9 miles very nice warm-up for morning:) But in a few months here it will be above 80 degrees and I will be sweating a lot! Obviously I don't wanna be sweaty at work but personally I only wear bibs for a long & proper ride such as race. What's your preference? How do you guys deal with outfits riding to work? Do you guys bring your clothes all the time?
I wear bibs when commuting, but I use the commute as training. I keep spare clothes at work, along with baby wipes for cleaning my corpus, deodorant, cologne, and etc.

I do, I wouldn't like to commute 30Km in my work clothes.

I commute in regular bike gear: you can go faster more comfortably in bike clothes, they are easy to clean (rinse them in the shower or sink), dry fast and I sweat a whole lot when I ride.

I am lucky enough to have a special bike storage room, lockers and showers at my workplace. It makes commuting a whole lot easier.