bicycle bear GWB 911 photo??

G.Daniels

Guest
where did the 'golden bear riding a bicycle' drawing come
from as seen in the photo taken of President Bush II. The
drawing is on the wall behind a seated Bush as an aide gives
Bush news of World Trade Center Terrorism during a Bush
grade school appearance.

Rodale has the Bush photo in Rodale's mail promo for a 911
coffee table book.

Great Ford! yawl smelling your clivus? pew! a unique event
or transient actionable intelligence? unclog!

From the book, "Bear on a Bike," by Stella Blackstone, illustrated by
Debbie Harter.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1901223493/102-5943989-7919368?v=glance

g.daniels wrote:

> Great Ford! yawl smelling your clivus? pew! a unique event
> or transient actionable intelligence? unclog!

We now have the final and definitive word on the disc brake
wheel ejection issue.

Peter Wayman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> From the book, "Bear on a Bike," by Stella Blackstone,
> illustrated by Debbie Harter. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
> /1901223493/102-5943989-7919368?v=glance
>

> On 25 Mar 2004 10:36:07 -0800, [email protected]
> (g.daniels) wrote:
>
> >where did the 'golden bear riding a bicycle' drawing come
> >from as seen in the photo taken of President Bush II. The
> >drawing is on the wall behind a seated Bush as an aide
> >gives Bush news of World Trade Center Terrorism during a
> >Bush grade school appearance.
> >
> >Rodale has the Bush photo in Rodale's mail promo for a
> >911 coffee table book.

Dear Peter,

I couldn't help myself and clicked on the larger image.

I note with approval that the bear is riding on
appropriately sturdy 48+ spoke wheels.

On the other hand, there seems to be no chainstay, and the
poor bear is pulling an awfully high gear on a single-speed.

Thanks,

Carl Fogel

Carl Fogel wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> I couldn't help myself and clicked on the larger image.
>
> I note with approval that the bear is riding on
> appropriately sturdy 48+ spoke wheels.
>
> On the other hand, there seems to be no chainstay,
> and the poor bear is pulling an awfully high gear on
> a single-speed.

Dear Carl,

The lack of chainstays makes the frame "stiff, yet
compliant."

Should not the bear and the passengers be wearing h*lm*ts?

Originally posted by Tom Sherman
Carl Fogel wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> I couldn't help myself and clicked on the larger image.
>
> I note with approval that the bear is riding on
> appropriately sturdy 48+ spoke wheels.
>
> On the other hand, there seems to be no chainstay,
> and the poor bear is pulling an awfully high gear on
> a single-speed.

Dear Carl,

The lack of chainstays makes the frame "stiff, yet
compliant."

Should not the bear and the passengers be wearing h*lm*ts?

Dear Tom,

Actually, as I understand it, the headgear of circus
bears riding bicycles consists of muzzles, their safety
taking second place to that of the audience.

It would be beneath me to point out that bears can
be trained to ride uprights, but not recumbents.

Carl Fogel

carlfogel wrote:

> ... It would be beneath me to point out that bears can be
> trained to ride uprights, but not recumbents.

Dear Carl,

That is proof that recumbent riders are smarter than your
average bear.

carlfogel wrote:

> ... It would be beneath me to point out that bears can be
> trained to ride uprights, but not recumbents.

Dear Carl,

That is proof that recumbent riders are smarter than your
average bear.

Dear Tom,

Uh, Yogi, I think the ranger was gonna ride
that recumbent before you treated it like a
pic-i-nic basket.

Boo Boo

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

>carlfogel wrote:
>
>> ... It would be beneath me to point out that bears can be
>> trained to ride uprights, but not recumbents.
>
>Dear Carl,
>
>That is proof that recumbent riders are smarter than your
>average bear.

Could it be that bears are TOO smart to ride 'bents? ;-)

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of
the $695 ti frame

Hi, Carl:

Notice that the bear is smiling. He just switched to shorter
cranks, and he can tell the difference.

Nicholas Grieco

Originally posted by Nicholas
Hi, Carl:

Notice that the bear is smiling. He just switched to shorter
cranks, and he can tell the difference.

Nicholas Grieco

Dear Nicholas,

Hmm . . . but shorter cranks would make his
effective gearing even higher. Of course,
he could be a high-speed bear.

Or he might be smiling because he ate his
trainer [pun] and is now free to pedal
wherever he pleases.

Carl Fogel

On 26 Mar 2004 18:52:16 -0800, Carl Fogel wrote:

> I couldn't help myself and clicked on the larger image.
>
> I note with approval that the bear is riding on
> appropriately sturdy 48+ spoke wheels.

However, the rear wheel is radially laced.....

--
Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

Originally posted by Alan Hoyle
On 26 Mar 2004 18:52:16 -0800, Carl Fogel wrote:

> I couldn't help myself and clicked on the larger image.
>
> I note with approval that the bear is riding on
> appropriately sturdy 48+ spoke wheels.

However, the rear wheel is radially laced.....

--
Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

Dear Alan,

A straight-laced but happy bear (dare I say radiant?)
is preferable to a cross-laced bear.

This goes for tigers, too.

Roy Horn