Bicycle Chains - is there a big difference? In quality, brands - what to look for?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bicycles, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 00:03:29 GMT, "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I once used a hollow pin chain. It lasted exactly 56.1 miles before being
    >destroyed beyond use. Fortunatly it got me through an important 56 mile
    >race in first place and broke .1 of a mile after the finish.

    Offer burnt sacrifice to the gods of the pin and sideplate. Amazing good luck.

    >I now only use solid pins.

    Unless there's another 90 kilometer race....

    Ron

    >Ken
    >

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> For years I just bought the appropriate SHimano or Campag that went
    >> with my groupsets, but this year I changed to a KMC because it had
    >> really cool looking slotted side plates and hollow pins.
    >>
    >> Shallow reasoning I know, but it works great and I'd almost swear it's
    >> faster too ;)
    >>
    >> R.

  2. bicycles

    bicycles Guest

    Thanks all for your replies! I put some of the input on my blog
    101bike.com.

    Cheers,

    Mathijs