Bicycle Chains - is there a big difference? In quality, brands - what to look for?

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 00:03:29 GMT, "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I once used a hollow pin chain. It lasted exactly 56.1 miles before being
>destroyed beyond use. Fortunatly it got me through an important 56 mile
>race in first place and broke .1 of a mile after the finish.

Offer burnt sacrifice to the gods of the pin and sideplate. Amazing good luck.

>I now only use solid pins.

Unless there's another 90 kilometer race....

Ron

>Ken
>

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> For years I just bought the appropriate SHimano or Campag that went
>> with my groupsets, but this year I changed to a KMC because it had
>> really cool looking slotted side plates and hollow pins.
>>
>> Shallow reasoning I know, but it works great and I'd almost swear it's
>> faster too ;)
>>
>> R.

Thanks all for your replies! I put some of the input on my blog
101bike.com.

Cheers,

Mathijs