Bicycle computer auto trip reset

Johannes43

Aug 16, 2012
I have over the past years had many different bicycle computers, many with medium-end and some high-end. The best I have ever had was my first and most basic because it had one single feature, automatically resetting the trip counter after 6 hours of inactivity. (Also no buttons, so when I take it out of my bag/pocket it hasn't reset everything, or changed to french...)

Anyone know any computer I can buy with this simple feature?

The one I had back in the day was something from Sigma Sport (not sure which) a Google search results in a Vetta V30 having this feature, but it is probably 10 years old and cant be bought...

Tips?

Thanks!

I own what is probably the least sophisticated Sigma currently (or at least recently) made, the BC906...and it does not have that feature. So you'll at least have to get something a bit swankier than that.

Thank you for you for your replies Campybob and Bob Ross. I don't mind about them having more features, just as long as the buttons/menus are logical and labeled. I looked at the BC906 too (assuming more basic ones could have the feature), also looked around for cheap ones on eBay, but didn't find any.

I decided to look in my box of random old bicycle stuff, and I was amazed to find it! In case anyone else is interested, it is a "Sigma Sport Baseline 300" (manual here: http://www.sigmasport.com/en/allgemein/showdatei/?download=1&name=98_1_Baseline300_99.pdf). I put in a new battery, configured size and it works great (now mounted on my bike).

I guess the most basic very old speedometers may have this feature, probably due to the lack of buttons on the front.

As I won't be able to use the speedometer for ever I guess I will send an email to Sigma Sport request such a feature (shouldn't be too had to implement as an optional feature).

If you would also like this feature, send them an email too!

Thanks,

hi everyone!

I am also looking for a bicycle computer with the "auto trip reset" function. I contacted sigma: they do not have a single one in their current program which supports that function.

any news about a new product from another company?

thanks,

rasmus

I'm glad you contacted Sigma. Maybe they will consider adding this feature. I'm still using the old one I found. Works like a charm. It has hit the hard ground many times without taking any damage!

Old Sigma Sport Baseline 300 may not be impossible to acquire though. I saw one for sale at a second hand/thrift store recently. I hope you find something with this feature, and if you do, let us know so others can find it too.

hi!

honestly I think Sigma doesn't give a .... about adding this feature. their reply was really like: "you can hit a button to reset" ...that was it.

I am searching on sites like dx.com and hope that models like this one http://dx.com/p/1-7-lcd-electronic-bicycle-speedometer-1xcr2032-101787 maybe do the job.

I just cannot believe that this simple feature is not available in any computer anymore. In the recent sigma models it take at least 5 or more seconds to reset .... every morning!

I will let you know when I found something!

greetings!

rasmus

roboco said:
hi! honestly I think Sigma doesn't give a .... about adding this feature. their reply was really like: "you can hit a button to reset" ...that was it.  I am searching on sites like dx.com and hope that models like this one http://dx.com/p/1-7-lcd-electronic-bicycle-speedometer-1xcr2032-101787 maybe do the job. I just cannot believe that this simple feature is not available in any computer anymore. In the recent sigma models it take at least 5 or more seconds to reset .... every morning!  I will let you know when I found something!  greetings!  rasmus
I think you'll find most people don't think having auto-reset is a big deal, especially given how many folks and computers record data. As for taking 5 seconds, that's only a loss of 6/100000 of your day.