Bicycle computer

Whitespc

Guest
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bicycle computer? Should i
look for wireless or are their some downfalls to this?

Also, I like to put the bike on the trainer and it would be great if I could
capture these miles. Do they have computers that you hook to the back wheel
or is there another way to capture the trainier miles since the front wheel
is always stationary.

Thank you

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:05:46 -0500, "Whitespc" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bicycle computer? Should i
>look for wireless or are their some downfalls to this?
>
>Also, I like to put the bike on the trainer and it would be great if I could
>capture these miles. Do they have computers that you hook to the back wheel
>or is there another way to capture the trainier miles since the front wheel
>is always stationary.
>
>Thank you

Hi, the Cateye Astrale 8 would be good, it can me wired to read the
info off the back wheel. It has all the necessary features, including
Cadence.
The price is reasonable and if you are on a budget, you may be able to
find the earlier model Astrale, on closeout. I have the older model on
the bike I use with my trainer and the Astrale 8 on my main bike.

Life is Good!
Jeff

wrote:

>Also, I like to put the bike on the trainer and it would be great if I could
>capture these miles.

While I agree with the sentiment, on the trainer you're not going to
capture "miles". If you're really into accumulating distance, set the
trainer to the lowest possible resistance and shift into the big
ring/smallest cog combination and spin away! ;-)

FWIW, my time on the trainer goes into my log as time and average
heart rate.